Ke$ha

Bragged About Writing 'Die Young' Lyrics Before Massacre

12/19/2012 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

121912_kesha_radio_int

Ke$ha is either lying now ... or was lying then ... 'cause weeks before she said she was "forced" to sing the lyrics to "Die Young," she BRAGGED about penning the song during a radio interview.

The singer appeared on 95.5 WPLJ in New York back in November -- weeks before the Newtown massacre -- and took full credit for writing the song, saying:

"I definitely make sure that every word rings true to me because I would never want to misrepresent myself to millions of people around the world ... I wrote and rewrote and rewrote that song ten times."

Shocking, considering Ke$ha completely contradicted herself on Twitter yesterday after several radio stations around the country stopped playing the song in light of the Newtown tragedy. Ke$ha had written, "I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics to "Die Young" include the line:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

So, what's the truth? We reached out to Ke$ha -- but haven't heard back.

As for her tweets regarding "Die Young" -- those have since been deleted.

brittney

when this song first came out it pissed me off. being 20 and having two of my friends actually die young at 16 and 17 (there ages) i don't think anyone would want to die young and if you do theres something wrong! i feel that its disrespects full to people and there families that have died young ! This girl that hasn't experienced something like that sicking about it and making it look like dying young is fun, its not fun its sad and awful !

billybob

What a hilarious BS. This talentless stupid bitch NEVER wrote anything. Even in this situation is this shank making PR for herself by staging herself as a "songwriter". ALL her recent s.hit was completely written and composed by Dr. Luke. She even can't sing a single note right without an autotuner...

braintrain

Everyone needs to chill about this ****. Who cares if she did or didn't write it. It didn't cause the massacre so why is it a big deal? So sad that this is such a pass the buck society....especially when its irrelevant.

whateveryou

What possible difference could that make? Has nothing what so ever to do with that crime.??

My2cent

Wat does the song hav to do wit wat happn...lik foreal. O_o

Deficate

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your own actions and not blame others for ones mistake.. Keshas lyrics didn't kill those people the country song if I die young didn't kill those people that old song only the good die young didn't kill those people a sick twisted individual killed them I'm sure he wasn't listening to kesha and thought hmm Let me go murder young people or rocking out to the band Perry come on... I honestly feel embaresed for our nation that a song would cause such controversy

jason

THE SONG HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A SCHOOL SHOOTING. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL! KEEP IN ON THE RADIO. THIS IS SILLY.

drgnFlyWlf10

Lol, she said misrepresent herself to "millions" she thinks there's that many people listening to her? Oh well maybe that many stupid little kids.

Easily Bored

SO FUNNY how ppl delete their tweets. It makes them look stupider then the dumb a$$ crap they say in the first place.

MrsTimberlake

Talentless boring "music". Yawn.

Miguel

The night belongs to Michelob.

CrazyFish

Isn't "We gonna die young" just a way of saying live your life to fullest or living in the moment because you'll never know when your life will end. It is a well-intention song and has nothing to do with the terrible shooting. I don't really see a need to apologize or deny anything.

Sunny

she didn't say children die, she said die young.

Me

She should have just kept her mouth shut about it or at most, issued a statement that she completely supports the song being taken off the air due to the tragedy. Throwing everyone you work with under the bus to try and make yourself look better makes you look a lot worse. I mean, seriously, it's Keisha, is she worried about everyone losing respect for her that no one had in the first place? It's a song, not a written detailed plan that the guy followed.

annie

sounds like a bunch of misogynists ranting on a female just because! what the H_E_L_L does that song from September, have to do with the tragedy a week ago? NOTHING. seems like a ridiculous story.