Ke$ha

Bragged About Writing 'Die Young' Lyrics Before Massacre

12/19/2012 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

121912_kesha_radio_int

Ke$ha is either lying now ... or was lying then ... 'cause weeks before she said she was "forced" to sing the lyrics to "Die Young," she BRAGGED about penning the song during a radio interview.

The singer appeared on 95.5 WPLJ in New York back in November -- weeks before the Newtown massacre -- and took full credit for writing the song, saying:

"I definitely make sure that every word rings true to me because I would never want to misrepresent myself to millions of people around the world ... I wrote and rewrote and rewrote that song ten times."

Shocking, considering Ke$ha completely contradicted herself on Twitter yesterday after several radio stations around the country stopped playing the song in light of the Newtown tragedy. Ke$ha had written, "I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics to "Die Young" include the line:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

So, what's the truth? We reached out to Ke$ha -- but haven't heard back.

As for her tweets regarding "Die Young" -- those have since been deleted.

Shawnbzilla

THIS IS NOT CNN... IT'S TMZ. GET IT? 2 all the people who say, why post this? its not news.. didn't it almost start as a blog site? Its a team of ppl that add what ever the F they want.. yet you have mostly the same ppl asking the same question.. non-story blah blah.. get over it.. they add everything, why not?

trineie

This is so stupid this song is not the reason for the insanity! If we could blame everything on a song no one would take responsibility...If you think its inapropriate dont play the damn song!

COMMON_SENSE

Wtf? You people are stupid. The song was made before the shooting. It's not like the song was released after the shooting.... stupid idiots.

Rocco

Do you really have to ask? We knew she was lying yesterday, before this additional information came forth.

Melissa

Most ridiculous story ever, why would TMZ even bring this up? Bad taste and just plain trashy

Nik

Are you stupid or are you stupid? She said NATE wrote the chorus, which is the DIE YOUNG part. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT TMZ

Max Zorin

She should have just been up front about it and just explained that the song was written in a different spirit and context at the time -- like "live fast, die young" -- it has been a mantra for "wild living" for ages. Just lying about it is insulting rather than showing sensitivity if anything.

Whizdom

Just leave her alone. Its a good song. it was in no way connected to the shooting. the course says die young not die in elementary school. the young to be referring to any age 30 and under.

su

in a word: C U N T !

NewJerseyNurse

I dont get why anyone pulled this song to begin with...ppl r being to sensitve in this case. The other song TMZ posted an article about in which the artist wrote about kids being gunned down "run, kid, run from my bullets"

NewJerseyNurse

Danielle123

Everyone criminalizing this girl is an idiot; plain and simple. This song has nothing to do with the massacre that happened. TMZ and all other media outlets discussing this are disgusting. She has no reason to apologize to anybody for anything.

NewJerseyNurse

Omg TMZ is cutting my article again when I didnt even say anything inapprorpriate. So ridiculous. My pointnis Keshas song doesnt seem inappropriate to me and ppl are being too sensitive and ridiculous, taking this a little too far. Her song makes reference to ppl who die young, not about kids or school shootings. Many ppl die young, I am 100% sure she didnt intend young to mean 1st and 2nd graders. Get real people. Stop making controversy, false correlations and making things seem different than what they are. Smh

tgrfan42069

lol leave it to the liberal media to attack someone based on something they did before a shooting.she should not have to explain herself.its not her fault a crazy shot up a school.

Luca Brazzi

SHE STINKS! ... You get my drift?