« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaun White

I CHOPPED MY HAIR OFF!

(For Charity)

12/19/2012 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Shaun White's flowing red locks ARE GONE ... for now at least ... because the snowboarding legend just hacked off his mane!!!

The good news ... Shaun says he decided to get rid of his long hair because he wanted to donate to the Locks of Love charity ... which provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged kids who have suffered a medical hair loss.

Before White went under the clippers, he explained his decision -- "I've been thinking about this one for a while ... but it's for a good cause so I want to do it."

As he stroked his iconic hair one last time ... he added, "Somebody needs it more than I do."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dubbz360

Who the hell would want to wear a fire crotch wig

terryp

Am I the only one who thinks this self-absorbed video is just weird? If he wanted to video it for himself, I would get that. But he acts like its some big
intelligence operation. He's not going to tell anybody and then he shows the film. Shaun, it's just hair. Get over yourself. No one cares.

♥TMZ but ...

why the big show about doing something people do all the time without any fanfare

campy

Good! Damn hippy.

Ronni

He's my kid's hero. Now he's MINE. What a cutie with that new 'do too.

mrs. m

My mother has cancer, she has to go thru chemo, radiation, steroids. She lost half of her hair starting from the top, I had to get the clippers and cut the rest of her hair off, no wary she could hide it any longer. it was such a hard time.. I cried while I was doing it, trying as hard as I could to hold it in so she wouldn't see me me cry. if I could thank the person who donated their hair for her wig in person I would. since I can't, I say thank you either way.. I cut my hair for her as well, too bad it was bleached and couldnt be used.. :( but its only hair and will grow back.. Thanks to mr. white and all the other ppl who do this.. :)

jason

Why is everyone focused on how he looks beauty is only skin deep.some of the worst people I've met were attractive ones.that also reflects a lot about yourself (shallow ) .secondly shawn is quite talented and people are like sheep maybe he is trying to start a fad.there are a lot of people with cancer that would appreciate what he is doing. stop hatin

ke-kent

I've done the Locks for Love program before. And I've actually convinced many of my male friends who were lifetime short hair wearer's, to contribute to this organization. One friend has been doing this for over 20 years. Every time his hair is long enough, he cuts it and donates. Plus, I always encourage female friends who go for major style changes to donate. I'm about due for another donation myself...LoL. :-)

Mya8063

thats shady

moso

I am so glad he did this.. GREAT CAUSE!! My daughter did it twice and donated it to Pantene and did it last year. it's a great organization and it helps women as well and not only kids.
I bet he feels good about himself for what he did!!
Big ol' smile on my face... :)

urbanlegend

Awesome contribution. Better to see that hair gone.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3