Carrie Ann Inaba

President Obama Went

to My High School!

12/20/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122012_carrie_inaba_launch"Dancing with the Stars" judge Carrie Ann Inaba is super accomplished ... but she's definitely NOT the most famous person to graduate from her high school ... not even close.

C.A.I. was leaving Fred Segal in L.A. yesterday ... when she told us a pretty cool fun fact -- she went to the same high school in Hawaii as President Barack Obama.

Buuuuut ... Inaba might not even be the #2 biggest celebrity grad from the Punahou School in Honolulu either -- 'cause that place has churned out LOADS of famous people ... including:

-- Manti Te'o ('09) ... Notre Dame football star, 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist
-- Kelly Preston -- actress, married to John Travolta
-- Hiram Bingham III ... former U.S. Senator (Conn.)
-- Kaui Hart Hemmings ... wrote the book "The Descendants"
-- Ellery Chun ... invented the Aloha Shirt.
-- Charles L. Veach ... former astronaut

... and TWO former Miss USA winners.

Still, Carrie Ann says she didn't ever meet the Prez ... 'cause he graduated 7 years before she did.

Mary P

But but but - Obama was soooooooooooo poor!!! Going to an elite elementary and elite high school was such a poor man's life!

Jackie

LMAO...big deal?...I have partied with the future queen in Norway...do i need to praise myself?pfft

HAHAHA

LOADS of famous people huh TMZ? I was once walking in the background of a shot at the occupy walstreet march in Sacramento. Considering the fact that that gave me 10x the exposure than any of these people have had in the last 20 years then I guess im a celeb too!

nORRis8

"Dancing with the Stars" judge Carrie Ann Inaba is super accomplished .???????????????/

Huh?

Acting like a lez-whore with Madonna on stage 25 years ago and a judge on a crap show is accomplished???????????.

Kaaka

Well there you go!! it doesn't hurt to put out there you went to high school with the PREZ,, Who knows ..if she gets into a little hot water and its nothing majorly serious , One phone call and AG Eric Holder can always put in a call to where she is at and make the problem disappear ..lol.

Evil Deadite

Wasn't she a fly girl on In Living Color? Lol

NOT ELMO

Obama is TIME'S 2012 Person Of The Year and Romney is.......NOT.......lol................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5R0HCZKmak

Trecee

Ack! Forehead vein!

OCkid714

Dont forget Steve Case, Founder of AOL and President Obama's right hand man on all entrepreneurship initiatives!

Scary

Big whoopie doo. My mom and cousin went to that same school, and I think my cousin overlapped Obama. I and my siblings went to the rival (and better! ha) school, which spawned a Miss Universe and Don Ho, among others. That Miss Universe is a semi-distant cousin. I also went to school with the twin brothers of actor Jason Scott Lee, who briefly dated Inaba. I could go on, but who cares? And Hawai'i is so small, I'm sure everyone has these sorts of stories.

Hockey

Don't forget Steve Case, who used to work for AOL, and now works for guess who:Barack Obama.

Vineyard Girl

Most kids who come from any money at all go to Punahao or Iolani. Punahao '82 here.

Andy Mikel

How Obama’s Signature looks like... Haha Must see. http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9uqIi3/www.gay3ty.com/obamas-signature/

Shaunie

We all went to school with somebody. They're called classmates. Get over it.

Vonarie

So funny - he loves to trot out his "poor" upbringing but no one ever questions how he was able to attend such an expensive private school. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. As for some one who once went to a school someone else went to . . . this is news????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments