Katt Williams

I Slapped Target Employee

For Calling Me the N-Word

12/20/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

121912_katt_williams_launch
Katt Williams claims the reason he pimp-slapped a Target employee in the face last month is because the guy called him the n-word ... and TMZ has video of Katt's explanation.

Katt was performing last night at the Comedy Store in Hollywood when he described what went down immediately before the November 25th attack in Sacramento -- telling the audience, "This is what the dude at Target said ... 'Your assistant is already suing you, you p**sy ass n***er."

The jab is a reference to this lawsuit -- in which Katt's former assistant is suing him for $5 million, claiming the comic punched her.

Katt said he flipped when he heard the slur and asked the employee, "Did you just say the n-word in front of Katt Williams?" -- to which the employee answered, "You say it all the time."

Katt says he shot back, "Say it again and see what happens" -- and that's when he knocked the guy upside the head.

Katt then compared his racism plight to that of Dave Chappelle, explaining, "That's the same sh*t that drove [Chappelle] out of the f***ing business."

Katt seems to be alluding to Chappelle's claim that he quit his Comedy Central show and went into seclusion over an argument with producers about a sketch that he believed was racist.

As we reported, the Target employee -- a guy named Forrest Liebenberg -- was fired from his job shortly after the incident. Target wouldn't explain why. Multiple calls to Liebenberg weren't returned.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

joey1978

@dnodean, u got that right!!! U can tell hes one these white racist ***gots who like to talk.

iamshizz

Stop using the word all together the world wud be a happier place

Machelle

Liar/

ocean views

I don't believe katt williams, not even a lil bit. I'm a woman of cherokee indian, caucasian and black, and if someone called me the n-word I wouldn't lower myself to their level and hit them for it. Now, spit in my face AND call me the n-word? Totally different story. Katt, I seen the video, that target employee looked like he would never have the balls to call somebody a nig. I don't know the dude, but why would he put his job in jeopardy by racially insulting a customer? However dude did get fired, and we don't know exactly why...if it did happen, why'd it take katt so long to explain what went down? $hit just seems a bit off to me that's all. Racism is just as alive as we are as human race and it'll never end (sadly) its a disgusting thing and it shows how ugly people can be. Katt, GO GET PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH AND SAFETY, you acting this way isn't helping the black race reputation.

Jussme

If you don't want to be called a 'ni66er', don't act like one.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

If someone slapped me in my place of employment, getting fired would be the least of my worries.

justme

KATT!I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE YOU ON

still2easy

He is a no talent looser addict-needs his azz kicked

justme

Katt Katt,isaid I don't know what type of controlled substance you on are who gave it to you but need to be whhopin they ass cause they gave you some bad s

Brite

Katt I cannot believe you would feel the right to lift a finger to someone for calling you a name!

Have you ever heard of just saying to some idiot calling you names? Sticks and stone will break my bones BUT names will NEVER HURT ME!!!!!

Dennis Johnson

He is the N word....................a complete NUT!

BB not bb

They could call this megastore rage. Look at what happens on black Fridays in these stores. People get trampled to death. A security guard was run down by shoppers charging in in a stampede for bargains at a Walmart.

These stores use bright lights and are so big that people get lost and confused. This is how cops do interrogatoins, they shine a bright light in your eyes and keep asking crazy questions till you get confused and start babbling and say something they can frame you with.

I think these stores may also be using subliminal feeds in the background music. They could be saying thigs like, "get whitey", "kill the man", "shop til you drop", "eat more, buy more", etc.

These stores are dangerous and promote violence. Maybe they should be banned.

clhughes78

If you think about it, why didn't the employee call security instead of the police? Seems a little odd to me.

Michelle

I don't believe one word of that bull****. How convenient to play the race card when he is caught showing his ass. I find it hard to believe that the kid had the balls to say all of that yet did not retaliate when he was slapped.

D-INCARNATION

Regardless, it's still no excuse.