LeAnn Rimes

I Was NOT DRUNK

12/20/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes2
LeAnn Rimes tells TMZ ... she was NOT drunk when she performed on "X Factor" Wednesday night, contrary to LOTS of speculation.

LeAnn says she was in no way impaired, and any awkwardness was because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

LeAnn believes Carly Rose Sonenclar was very nervous and had difficulty with some of the notes and she was doing her best to help her get through it.

LeAnn's lawyer, Larry Stein, who spoke with LeAnn a few minutes ago, tells TMZ "LeAnn was not performing the way she would normally perform, because she was on stage with a young girl."

LeAnn says she does not understand why people believe she was drunk. Stein has a theory:  "There have been a lot of untrue things said by others and it feeds into this sort of thing."

One mystery remains -- we found out LeAnn made a plate of food backstage and spilled it everywhere. Stein told us he didn't know anything about that, but LeAnn insists she was stone cold sober.

leila12

Carly sounded way better then leann. She sounded under the influence of something.

RachesRules

I wonder how Eddie feels about this shell of a woman that his 'wife' has become? I mean, this isn't the same girl he was hot and heavy for back when he was married to a similar train wreck. Why would Leanne want to be just like the wife he cheated on and left for her?? Makes no sense, and I guess it's just Karma. He is going to find someone shiney and fresh and new to leave Leanne for VERY soon now, my moneys already on it. 2013's the year, and judging by her self-destruction, I'd say she already knows it too

lynn331977

She use to be pretty. What happened ?

bernergirl

She would have been more believable if she said her earpiece went out, but she overpowered that little girl. And there is no excuse on that. Don't blame her, LeAnn is supposed to be the professional.

Lena

That "13-year-old girl" as you put it Leann, sang that song better then you did and it's your own damn song!!!! How mature of you to blame your F'up on a young girl. Just goes to show what kind of person you really are.

jamesthanos007

I immediately thought she was drunk, just a little while into it... Get help leann...

Arete

I was trying to give LeAnn the benefit of the doubt, but now that's she's thrown Carly under the bus, I can't be nice! Carly doesn't NEED help. Anyone can look up Carly and hear how amazing she is. Carly may have been nervous, but she has NEVER not sung a song well. Don't take my world, look her up on youtube. Wow, I can't believe LeAnn Rimes would say that.

Truth

YEA... SHE WASNT DRUNK. JUST HIGH AS A CRACKHEAD. #TRUTH!!

Foggarty

Sorry Leann... Thta girl was looking at you like you were crazy and had no problem with her portion of the song.... If anything it appears to me that you were trying to show her up.

Time to put the bottle away and close the lid on the depressants!

Lisa Tugmon

I absolutely cannot believe you would blame a child for your actions..If anything you were screwing her up...How horrible of you, I will never feel sorry for you missy....Biggest mistake XFactor ever made is having you as part of the show ! Carley Rose rocks !!!

Jim

The entire number was a mess! Just awful....and this is what we call talent? UGH!

Lisa Tugmon

Unfortunately I am afraid that this train wreck hurt this poor little girls chances of winning and she is amazing....Poor choice X Factor,you should be ashamed !!

ohS0lovelyy

Sure, LeAnn, Blame it on a talented 13 year old, why not.....Carly was the one who actually had to help LeAnn out. It looked like LeAnn forgot her lyrics and it looked like she was definitely drunk. even the look on Carly's face was like "what is wrong with her" . Of course, LeAnn isn't gonna admit she was drunk, She has to find someone to blame it on. what a bitch. Blaming her problems on a 13 year old. real mature LeAnn. This womans career has already gone down the toilet a long time ago, i don't understand why anyone would ask LeAnn to perform live, that's just juts.

kbeck1946

All of these shows suck, its just a popularity contest. It must be easy when your a tool for ratings. Let them write their OWN music/lyrics and then we will see who has talent... Flakes!

Laurie

Carly Rose did fine & didn't have trouble with the song, I can't say the same for LeAnn. She was awful and acted like a fool.