LeAnn Rimes

I Was NOT DRUNK

12/20/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes2
LeAnn Rimes tells TMZ ... she was NOT drunk when she performed on "X Factor" Wednesday night, contrary to LOTS of speculation.

LeAnn says she was in no way impaired, and any awkwardness was because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

LeAnn believes Carly Rose Sonenclar was very nervous and had difficulty with some of the notes and she was doing her best to help her get through it.

LeAnn's lawyer, Larry Stein, who spoke with LeAnn a few minutes ago, tells TMZ "LeAnn was not performing the way she would normally perform, because she was on stage with a young girl."

LeAnn says she does not understand why people believe she was drunk. Stein has a theory:  "There have been a lot of untrue things said by others and it feeds into this sort of thing."

One mystery remains -- we found out LeAnn made a plate of food backstage and spilled it everywhere. Stein told us he didn't know anything about that, but LeAnn insists she was stone cold sober.

ann

The "13 year old girl" killed it. She was perfect, leanne sounded awful. Wow. I cannot believe she isblaming this on a girl to is 100x better.

TWilliams

Ummm...Carly did just fine with the song prior to Ms. Rimes coming on stage and ruining the moment and the song. Leann was clearly impaired. It is SO WRONG to blame on Carly. This shows how unprofessional and self centered the diva Rimes is. I am disgusted by her comments. She should apologize to Carly.

Xopster

Whenever I get pissed drunk and make an ass out of myself the first thing I do is phone my lawyer too.

starfe

she was smashed out her mind. I've seen her in concert before. fort worth about 3 weeks ago. she was sharp as a tack

last night she was blitzed drunk. why lie about it when its so obvious.

Pandora

So wait...this girl who has sung every song this season perfectly (including Beyonce, Adele, and Nina Simone) was struggling with a LeAnn Rimes song? I seriously doubt that. If anything, she'd have done 100 times better without LeAnn there.

Karen

I saw the show last night. The very first thing that came to mind was that she was drunk!! Carly did fine, but Leann was terrible!!

TS5415

How can she blame this 13-year-old girl. She was singing along in the beginning and it was obvious she was impaired. Liars can't help themselves

Robert

I am realy sick of people trying to give a thousand different oppinions apout sandy hook.. Look when I was a kid we played cowboys and indians, gansters, cops and robbers.. we use to shot each other with plastic guns.. and no one said anything. we turned out ok. It is not the guns. the gun laws it is society. mental health. and the news media. dragging things like this until there is nothing left but fear and mistrust to everyone. God bless those children for sure. but let them rest and let the others heal.

SairasMommy

WTF She knows she was ****ed up on something whether her publicist knew about it or not. I am a singer and her voice was everywhere. She even looked to be slightly stumbling onto the stage. And she continuosly got off rhythm to a song she's sang for over a decade. She's talking about the little girl being off rhythm??? No even that little girl was looking at her like WTF lmao

Barb in SC

LeAnne Rimes does NOT need to prove ANYTHING! Her talent proved itself along time ago! NO established professional wants to "out shine" a "starting out" newbie!! She's a compassionate person and I applaud her "holding back" ....It was obvious her respect for this young girl's spotlight moment!!! Stop critisizing her life and every move!!

range25

Of course LeAnn is going to blame this on someone else, and she is low enough to blame it on this poor 13 year old girl who wants to start her own singing career. LeAnn *ucked up on that stage last night, she *ucked her career and by all the comments she should get the hint. No one else ruined her career but her. Carly did not look nervous and she was not the one stumbling like she drank a bottle of don Julio. LeAnn should just get her big girl pants on and blame no one but herself. Bitch please!!!

A

Is it just me or is LeAnne looking more like Brandi Glanville?

Melissa

I suspected something wasn't right as soon as Leann came out. Her walk was awkward & she looked a hot mess! It was obvious she was struggling during the song. And she has more nerve than a little bit to say she was trying to help Carly. Really LeAnn?

Marie

The problem with your explanation is, LeeAnn, that the young one sang WAY better than you did!

Daniberry

Carly was not having any problems singing the song...Leann screwed the song up, actually Carly can sing better than Leann...LOL