LeAnn Rimes

I Was NOT DRUNK

12/20/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes2
LeAnn Rimes tells TMZ ... she was NOT drunk when she performed on "X Factor" Wednesday night, contrary to LOTS of speculation.

LeAnn says she was in no way impaired, and any awkwardness was because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

LeAnn believes Carly Rose Sonenclar was very nervous and had difficulty with some of the notes and she was doing her best to help her get through it.

LeAnn's lawyer, Larry Stein, who spoke with LeAnn a few minutes ago, tells TMZ "LeAnn was not performing the way she would normally perform, because she was on stage with a young girl."

LeAnn says she does not understand why people believe she was drunk. Stein has a theory:  "There have been a lot of untrue things said by others and it feeds into this sort of thing."

One mystery remains -- we found out LeAnn made a plate of food backstage and spilled it everywhere. Stein told us he didn't know anything about that, but LeAnn insists she was stone cold sober.

grammaj

I wish Leann would have sang it with less twang to at least try to match up with Carly. She sang notes way over the top and it clashed in styles. I felt like she was show boating just a bit when she should have been more supportive of a 13 year old in competition. She did nothing to blend the 2 voices. It sounded painful to me and I don't blame Carly.

Jackie

LIAR....and blaming the young girl makes you even more an azz. stfu....ACCEPT YOUR BEHAVIOR THAN BLAMING OTHERS.

J

I forgot what a talented singer LeAnn Rimes is. Girl can really sing. Extremely talented. She gets a bad rap. I like a good train wreck let the next guy, but not many can Celt it out like her, and FYI Carly did miss a few notes last night. I'm a big fan of hers but LeAnn was right the first time she tried to harmonize she was pitchy.

hugh

Can't just one celebrity find their way to the high road and quit with the denials?

DWeaver

That's ridiculous! It sounded like Carly had perfect pitch while Leann was flat off and on. It also appeared that she was in some way impaired and also attempted to upstage at 13-year-old. Leann needs to get a grip.

drew

Looks like she was trying not to be out performed and she was

Amy

She is such a liar!!! If she wasn't drunk (which clearly she is) she was on something else. Very embarassing for Carly Rose. Leanne is a joke and needs rehab for more than laxatives!

BIG BEAR

Um I think she confused . It is the other way around Leann . Man she a piece of work .

dierdre

I agree w/ a few posts that Ms. Rimes was trying to blame Carly. Carly is one fantastic singer, & she sang so much better that LeeAnne Rimes. eww. SHe will be a SUPERSTAR, win or no win. Totally love this little powerhouse of TALENT. She did seem drunk & out of it to me. Even the judges were looking strangely at Ms. Rimes.

Kelly

So... Eddie is cheating already?

Jus

I'm sorry but LeAnn can shove that poor excuse up her non-existent ass because has she not seen any of Carly's performances this season. Carly has a phenomenal voice and could've easily outdone LeAnn last night and did. LeAnn is on some other **** and needs to get it together. I'm pretty sure she hurt Carly's performance last night.

charity

Just like leann, it wasn't her fault, it was Carlys. a little 13 year old. Leann blames everyone but herself.same ole Leann

taz

She's blaming the kid? That will definitely help her image. Little Sonicare or whatever her name is, needs to man up and tell us all if Leanne was a drunk mess or if her laxatives were just kickin' in. Then little Sonicare needs to run for the exit before she ends up like one of the unfortunate hasbeens on that show, I'm talking to you Brit, Demi, Simon, and Leanne.

popo

WOW YOU ****ED UP AND YOU PUT IT ON THE LITTLE GIRL......WHAT A ****ING CUN_T

ROSCOE

Hey Leann KARMA IS A BITCH!! Having an affair with a married man ?!?
Did you really think that was going to turn out well for you !