LeAnn Rimes

I Was NOT DRUNK

12/20/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes2
LeAnn Rimes tells TMZ ... she was NOT drunk when she performed on "X Factor" Wednesday night, contrary to LOTS of speculation.

LeAnn says she was in no way impaired, and any awkwardness was because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

LeAnn believes Carly Rose Sonenclar was very nervous and had difficulty with some of the notes and she was doing her best to help her get through it.

LeAnn's lawyer, Larry Stein, who spoke with LeAnn a few minutes ago, tells TMZ "LeAnn was not performing the way she would normally perform, because she was on stage with a young girl."

LeAnn says she does not understand why people believe she was drunk. Stein has a theory:  "There have been a lot of untrue things said by others and it feeds into this sort of thing."

One mystery remains -- we found out LeAnn made a plate of food backstage and spilled it everywhere. Stein told us he didn't know anything about that, but LeAnn insists she was stone cold sober.

BAnn12

I think America knows and seen what really happened and Carly Rose was not at fault... Send her back to REHAB maybe they can treat her stupidity!!!!

Kelly

If she wasn't drunk, why does she come out on stage as if she's expecting to see Charlie Rose?

Rave

She must be on hard drugs if she thinks she needed to HELP CARLY.

Tom

She was probably sh!tting herself from all the laxatives.

Jess

So let me see if I get this straight, we ALL saw & heard HER performance, and ALL came to same collective conclusion that it was a disastrous, bizarre performance. YET, instead of taking responsibility for her terrible performance, she felt the need to "release" a PUBLIC statement blaming, & basaically trashing a 13 YEAR child for her performance (who is competing in this singing competition)? Seriously??!!! If you didn't despise Leane Rimes before today...you will now. I think this statement is dispicable and she honestly should be ashamed of herself. There are names for women like this: C U Next Tuesday!!!

Gigi

I don't get it...I watched it on YouTube and I thought LeeAnn sounded fine. There was no stumbling or slurred words or anything. She just sounded like herself. I do think this young girl was the one with the vocal issues. I think she was clearly out of her league. Not that her voice isn't nice but it is just not strong enough to sing with LeeAnn.

LCS27

I don't blame LeeAnn, you have to be quite drunk to endure this trainwreck of a show.

NMSchmiddy

I felt awkward watching that.. I'm not sure if she was drunk, but I think that the doctor that is more than likely giving her anxiety pills or anti depressants needs to check the strength of them or give her different pills. I always loved LeAnne but she defiantly needs some help.

Kàt

I personally thought Carly sound much better than Leann. Leann was off a number of times. I love Leann's music, but can't blame a 13 for the mistakes that were 'obviously' leanns and not carlys

MYOB

So she admits she is talentless?

LK

IT'S THE OTHER WAY ARD LEANN

nicaw

She does so much to defend herself it makes her look guilty. She also said at one time that she and Eddie Cibiran (?) didn't cheat on their spouses. Ok, Leann.

I will say Leann at one time was a better singer than how she performed here. And the contestant didn't seem like she was having any problems with the song. Leann did though.

Krystal

Brandi is so a beautiful woman....Leanne is sucha a ?

Annie

Blame it on the 1 year old,Leann! You are a nut case!

Krystal

Leanne look like a buzzard