LeAnn Rimes

I Was NOT DRUNK

12/20/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes2
LeAnn Rimes tells TMZ ... she was NOT drunk when she performed on "X Factor" Wednesday night, contrary to LOTS of speculation.

LeAnn says she was in no way impaired, and any awkwardness was because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

LeAnn believes Carly Rose Sonenclar was very nervous and had difficulty with some of the notes and she was doing her best to help her get through it.

LeAnn's lawyer, Larry Stein, who spoke with LeAnn a few minutes ago, tells TMZ "LeAnn was not performing the way she would normally perform, because she was on stage with a young girl."

LeAnn says she does not understand why people believe she was drunk. Stein has a theory:  "There have been a lot of untrue things said by others and it feeds into this sort of thing."

One mystery remains -- we found out LeAnn made a plate of food backstage and spilled it everywhere. Stein told us he didn't know anything about that, but LeAnn insists she was stone cold sober.

Marie

I watch X-Factor and have seen Carly Rose tackle BIG artist such as Mariah Carey and Celine Dion and nailing it every time. How dare Leann try and justify her performance by saying Carly Rose was nervous and having a difficult time with the notes... What a pathetic excuse!

Nicole

What a bunch of BS! Carly sounded great... LeAnn was a trainwreck....very awkward! Carly didn't need her help.

Scanner

Doesn't Leann have a handler? If Leann was truly attempting to help this young girl, then why doesn't she take the high-road instead of turning-around and blaming her? Nothing is ever Leann's fault and she's just made a bad situation even worse by humiliating and breaking this young girl's heart. I wonder how Carly Rose feels about Leann now. No Leann, you didn't help this young girl out - you stabbed her in the back.

Jamie

Excuse me, I think horse face LeAnn was the one having trouble with the song - not Carly. LeAnn was the one who forgot the words - not Carly. She was flucked up. come on - admit it Trigger.

lynn

It was LEEAN who was not hitting the notes and sang many words wrong. the only reason the young girl was nervous because, as you can see by her face and worried looks, she was nervous about the behavior of the whack job singing next to her. Shame, LeeAnn has a gorgeous voice. Her problems outshadow the talent.

bb

Having trouble with the song my ass. The girl's face clearly showed that she was very disappointed and all WTF because Leann was singing all her parts and trying to do vocal gymnastics to outdo her. It was probably the biggest moment of this kid's life and Leann wouldn't even let her sing. Leann, the only thing that was stone cold sober was your ego, which was fully functioning on turbo.

GGG

So according to her, she sounded like **** because she was singing with a 13 year old? I call bull ****! A: She sang like **** before the young girl even opened her mouth to sing. B: Real classy to blame her **** performance on a kid thats 13.
Low life. And her BS "all the lies in the media". Yeah the media made you sound like ****. Its everyones fault but yours MeAnn. Ugh go away.

Sherae

I swear my mother and I said the same thing. Makes me feel better knowing we weren't just being overly critical. Carly was having no trouble, LeAnn, you were just drunk and over-singing her as well as the music. Who do you think you're fooling? We believe you were sober just as much as we believe those phony tears from the other night.

Danielle123

Being that they rehearsed, who told them that they sounded good? Who recommended Leann of all people (especially with her reputation in the media)? Who okayed this performance? Hmmm... Is it a coincidence that the same night Fifth Harmony does absolutely amazing, train wreck Leann Rimes joins Carly Rose on stage for her worst performance to date? Simon...I see you.

GGG

PS: The look on Britneys face says it all lol!

Livvie

She is pathetic to try and blame Carly. What loser. Maybe she has to get plastered all the time just to be able to look in the mirror...

J

I am a big Carly Rose fan, and she BETTER win, but last night was not very good. I honestly think LeAnn took the spotlight, and actually made Carly look bad. Was I drunk too? Lol

jdub

That was brutal! You could tell the poor kid knew it was bad and just smiled. Leann attempted to out-sing a 13 year old girl on the show’s finale, then threw her under the bus when she obviously f*cked up. What a narcissistic c*nt.

Jay-D

I think its funny how TMZ first said that leann was telling TMZ her story, then they slipped in there that they were talking to her lawyer who talked to leann a few minutes ago

J

YouTube the performance LEANN SOUNDS BETTER.