LeAnn Rimes

Flip-Flopping on

'X Factor' Performance

12/20/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1219_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Someone in LeAnn Rimes' camp is LYING ... because the singer is now saying she never gave a statement to TMZ about her controversial performance on "X Factor."

Here's the deal -- after reports surfaced that LeAnn may have been wasted during her performance with 13-year-old Carly Rose Sonenclar, we called Rimes' rep for comment.

The rep gave us a quote that we were told we could put on TMZ.com and attribute to LeAnn Rimes. We were told LeAnn was NOT impaired and if there was any awkwardness it was only because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

But moments ago, Rimes posted a message on her Twitter page saying she has NOT given the media a quote -- noting, "It's a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly."

She added, "It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I'll be watching for her to win tonight."

Sounds to us like LeAnn is backtracking HARD because she realized what she said and doesn't want to sound like she's dumping on a 13-year-old girl.

Susan

Higher than a kite, she was!

Seldombinlaid

I know that I'll not get an answer to this. But, I would think that a production like this show, would have the singers practise singing together. A big star can go way over the top of someone who may be star struck. I doubt this litte girl is star struck now. I would think they would get together before hand. Now if they did get together before hand, then Leann was drunk, or something. Or like any one else, didn't like being around a Kardashion. That's why I don't watch the show. I'll not put a nickel in those Irainians pockets.

YouDontSay

Thats what addicts do ...flip flop. Again, it was like watching Witney or Amy. She has a problem. Period.

ROSCOE

Hey Leann, get you LIES and your SH*T together!! You are a HOT MESS!!

Carl

I hope Carly takes a good look at LeAnn and her life and career. LeAnn was 13 when she had her first hit single.

I am Spartacus

i think we can label this one in the "who gives a f**k" category

michele martinez

Carly didn't mess up the song. Leann was showboating and did that all on her own and she did look high or drunk or something.

GabyO

Too late.

pimpc

Really?!! Who watches the X factor anyway???

ciara

LeAnn was excited to be on X Factor and singing with Carly. It was not her best performance and its sad that she threw Carly under the bus.

moniquev

Does anyone else notice that the picture with this story could be Brandi (if you didn't know it was Leanne)? Weird....

What You Really Want To See

you even say in your article that SHE never said it.... so how is it that she is 'backtracking'... ?

Ms.Mandy

Yeah, that wasn't awkward at all. LeAnn, ya have been around a minute, step back and let the girl sing sheeesh

D

This B needs to get it together!

tewyler

Maybe she didn't say anything.