LeAnn Rimes

Flip-Flopping on

'X Factor' Performance

12/20/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1219_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Someone in LeAnn Rimes' camp is LYING ... because the singer is now saying she never gave a statement to TMZ about her controversial performance on "X Factor."

Here's the deal -- after reports surfaced that LeAnn may have been wasted during her performance with 13-year-old Carly Rose Sonenclar, we called Rimes' rep for comment.

The rep gave us a quote that we were told we could put on TMZ.com and attribute to LeAnn Rimes. We were told LeAnn was NOT impaired and if there was any awkwardness it was only because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."

But moments ago, Rimes posted a message on her Twitter page saying she has NOT given the media a quote -- noting, "It's a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly."

She added, "It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I'll be watching for her to win tonight."

Sounds to us like LeAnn is backtracking HARD because she realized what she said and doesn't want to sound like she's dumping on a 13-year-old girl.

etta

I think TMZ is very mean spirited. Any small piece of information can be twisted and blown up to sound like Big News. That's the business they are in, but alot of lives are hurt in the process. Why pick on Leann constantly?. She looks like she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown,.Find someone else to pick on for awhile.

DixieLee

OMG! I watched her sing and thought - is she OK? I couldn't understand what she was singing. She couldn't enunciate. I thought I was the only one who thought that.....

News Flash

She lost because of Wino Wimes.

News Flash

Lean Ann eat something!

News Flash

Wee Ann Slimes dropped a plate of food because she is to weak to carry the damn thing.

News Flash

Looks like she just crawled out of bed...with a married man.

News Flash

It's ok Eddie *burp* let me babysit your kid *burp*

News Flash

Would the "real" Lean Ann please step forward. I said "step" not stumble.

News Flash

How can I live *burp* without you. If you ever go *burp* humm humm ( forgot the words ) *burp* BABY YOU WOULD TAKE AWAY aaaa 'Where the hail am I?'

News Flash

Call Security! I'm bored.

nightstars

I don't see any 'big deal' here or anything 'unstable.' I hear a lot of good sound. There is one part where Leann Rimes sings a little too long on her own where Carly Rose would have done better to be allowed to sing somewhere in there, but it was a really great sounding performance and Leann Rimes seemed to be intelligently present crafting the good sound. Leann's always had a little bit different type personality and it isn't kind to call her unstable or wierd. That reminds me of unkind times in high school. Kind of depressing, unkind rhetoric going on.

Lydia

CARLY messed up and didn't sing the first line of the song "How do I get through one night without you" and started at "If I have to live ..." and she never recovered from that.

Canuck

For real though..what happened to her face?

Bryan O'Connell

ugh she doing too much ask paula deanda I felt like Miss leann rimes left out too many letters like she sang second half of words so snap out of it girlgirl

Diamond Goddess!

Laxatives=SESSI!!!
(LOLS!!! *wink*)
I can't even say how little I care about this fugly cooze.
She is managing to torpedo any shred of remaining good-will people could muster towards her, though!
LOLs!!!