Madonna Threatens Fans

Over Cigarettes

If You Smoke, I'll Cancel My Concert!

12/21/2012 4:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

122012_madonna_launch
Madonna made a serious threat to a bunch of her cigarette-smoking fans in Chile last night ... PUT OUT YOUR BUTTS ... OR I'M NOT GONNA PERFORM!!

It all went down during a sound check for her concert at an open-air theater in Santiago ... when some secondhand smoke blew up in Madge's face ... so Madge blew up on the smokers.

"There are people smoking right now, " the singer lashed out ... "No smoking!"

"If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show."

She continued, "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ..  Entiendes?"

"You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid f**king idiot."

In the end, the smoke-aholics extinguished their ciggies ... and Madge went on to perform a bunch of her hits, including the song "Human Nature."

... and she's not sorry.

J4X

Ex smokers are the worse. Madge used to smoke! Pffttt!

SkoobySnacks

I still think she has a great voice the woman is a legend... On the other hand I'm torn... The concert was outside so I don't see the issue.

ToxxicKissez

I can understand not wanting smoke in your face, but there's no need to be a b.i.t.c.h to people who paid to see you. Could've simply asked to please put out their cigarettes.

Ih8Taxes

She's still alive? I thought she died after breaking her hip at the nursing home.

modelspiceboi

Madonna is 54 or so, nowhere near retirement age yet. And she does sing live for most of her concerts, so cigarette smoke isn't the best thing for her throat. Ranting about it is a bit much though.

By the by, smoking in a video is a different ballgame.

Pam

I like Madonna but i missed her concert yesterday and good thing i did, she went on stage 2 hours late and she sang for an hour, 1 freaking hour, people was so pissed, it was rainning it was cold and most of the people had to work today and she arrived late and she cut the show

crojasr

The show pretty much sucked, she started over 2 hours late while it was pouring rain and the fans were waiting outside (the show was supposed to start at 9:30 and she went on stage at 11:35), AND the cut like 8 songs from the set list... She was on stage for little over 80 minutes :S A lot of fans even left before she even performed :S

ria

"If you love me, you'd stop smoking"? Say what, come again? I need this old hag to have several seats. People still checking for her? Wtf!!

spectator72

Lite up if you have them ..This is what got her in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame .Her good nature or was it talent

Matrinka

She is just such a ****y ****.

Mantra

1 word
MENOPAUSE!!!!

What You Really Want To See

Yeah! Free cigarettes for everyone! Smoke this bitch into yesterday!

Realist

The control freak fairground stripper strikes again!

USA#1

What a joke. Madonna used to smoke Camels like they were going out of style.

Jeff Becker

She will not perform if the audience smokes, but she will have sex with them.