Carly Rose's Family

LeAnn Rimes Threw This

Little Girl Under the Bus!

12/21/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220_leann_rimes_xfactor_article
Carly Rose Sonenclar's family is royally pissed off at LeAnn Rimes for -- as they put it -- trashing their daughter's "X Factor" performance Wednesday night.

Sources connected with the family tell us ... the 13-year-old girl's mother is livid that Rimes would dare say Carly Rose was "nervous and had trouble hitting the right notes" when she sang "How Do I Live."

As you know ... Carly Rose did a duet of the song with Rimes on the show. People on social media went crazy after the performance, claiming Rimes was drunk.

TMZ broke the story ... Rimes insists she was sober, but says if things were awkward, it was only because, "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."  Rimes later claimed she never gave a quote, but we can tell you ... her rep specifically gave us the quote and told us we could use it.

Carly Rose's mother and other relatives are telling people they can't believe LeAnn threw their daughter under the bus, and that it was clear -- Carly Rose was a pro and even out-performed LeAnn at her own song.

JFO

I thought Carly did well - I don't watch this show but I saw the video clip. Carly knew the words and honestly I thought LeeAnn was trashed and didn't
remember the words until Carly sung them and then she would jump in. If she wasn't drunk she was on something. But for a 13 year old, I thought Carly did admirably considering what she had to work with.

David

I caught that portion as I skipped through channels. I have not been following the drama of either. My opine- The girl WAS nervous. She sang very well for a young person, but lacked the depth/timbre of voice that Rimes has -- even with Rimes not being at her best. Its just the older, more mature voice and years of stage experience, folks. She's good (could have been better, but she is still much better than most of us will be even in our dreams).

They sounded great together. In anything I do, I'd rather hear honest feedback than be lied to - ts the only way to improve. Honesty is not throwing someone under the bus--even if others disagree, that is what discernment is about as well...

Celebnewsjunkie

While LeeAnn did look like a hot mess, it was her Rep that gave the quote...no one spoke directly to LeeAnn...anything to create drama and trash a celeb...It really ticks me off that people just pick out the points they want to trash on and not the whole truth

Pittslady

LAR is in dire need opf rehab or sumtin...

whipit

Get over yourself and get some help LeAnn. Please, you are getting old fast and we are tired of hearing your BS.

Peter

Id Leann Rimes says so, it is so, she is a proffesional singer for many years and a senior to her very young collegue, show a little respect, money hungry parents and their so so talented daughter... really despise such behaviour and the low culture of americans.

svt

Unfortunately all this says is what kind of idiot Leann actually is and how stupid one can be.

amys

Is LeAnn not allowed to state an opinion? goodness

YouDontSay

I dont watch the show and had never heard of her until this. Hopefully it will be like Kanye bringing attention to who Taylor Swift was.As a parent I would be unhappy though.

SevenCostanza

What a whore...

Areader

Sorry TMZ the Huffington Post' Jason Hughes had the story way before you did!

Meg

There's no way LeAnn cost Carly her victory. She didn't say what she said till long after voting was closed. Tate was number one last week. Tate was number one three times, and Carly twice. Yes, it was close, but tween were torn between Carly and fifth harmony, whereas Tate got almost all the adult/middle America vote. That being said, LeAnn is batsh*t crazy and her family has every right to be appalled by her words and behavior.

Kelly

i listened and Leanne ruined the song. She looked like she was constipated.

Been Bitten By The Coo Coo Bug

SUI- Singing under the Influence I know because I'm a former drunk.

Paula

She's not drunk, she's hungry...