Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

Duffy

Perhaps if they didn't live their lives so publicly, their marriage would have lasted.......but I doubt it. You could see how incredibly difficult it was for her to deal with the in-laws, who are very over-bearing and want everything their way. Jason did not stick up for his wife,but sided with his Mom. He needs to grow a pair!

kitty

Thank GOD he can get out of that! She has all the money in the world, and had a great guy, guess she's going to raise her daughter just like she was raised, poor little girl...

elena

Bethany, so it ain't so. I'm so sad for Bryn.

Joybubble55

About time.... She is nuts....

Tinalouise

Sorry Bethenny, if you couldn't make it work with him you will never make it work with anyone. He was patient and kind, a good dad and good to you. You were always rude to him and his parents so good luck finding anyone who will put up with your crap. I use to like you now I am not so sure.

Gretel

I never saw what show she was in so I am guessing she was one of those housewives who got pregnant when her "career" was winding down. I see her face all over the place and the spelling of her name drives me crazy. I was going to say I don't care, but here I am ...

jojotato68

Stop it Bethanny! Jason is a decent man. He has put up with your quirks. He loves you & your daughter. Just stop it!! Good grief!

Barb

Leave it Bethanny to mess up something good.....

latestdiets.net

no plastic surgery there, folks. nothing to see. no really, there is nothing to see, hear, or do.

Elizabeth

I have watched Bethany doping the television shows circuit and she is very aggressive, and over talks people.. I can say that she is an ignornant person..

I am not surprised that her husband got tired of her!

Kathy

HE IS SUCH A GREAT GUY AND HE COMES FROM A WONDERFUL FAMILY. I WISH HIM AND BRYN ALL THE BEST.

Elle-Vee

Jason .... you should not walk away from Bethanny ..... you should RUN, and you should have done it long ago. You met, got her pregnant, then did the right thing and married her. You are far too nice for this overbearing controlling woman (and I'm trying to be nice here). You deserve SO much better. This was a long time coming. Anyone could see it wasn't "if" but "when" you would separate. The way she made you choose and put restrictions on your wonderful parents who tried so hard to love her. It must be like trying to love an aligator who will eat you alive. So much happiness lies ahead for you in the future, and I wish you the best of luck. This is not the end .... it's the start of a bright new future for you.

SeeSomethingSaySomething

This saddens me, too. I have always rooted for Bethany, and I was hoping she had finally found lasting happiness. If she says this is he best decision for her family, I will defer to her judgment. I am glad they've agreed to amicably coparent their daughter. Nonetheless, she made a crap ton of money during he marriage...I hope she had a prenup.

MzKiki1971

He can do BETTER than her!

ghi

She treated her father like do-do. Maybe now, she can see a brokem marriage from another point of view!