Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

Steve

She is so FULL of herself! He is wayyyyyyyyy better off without her. She treats him so bad . . .

Wendy A.

I hope he sues and gets custody of their daughter She is a nut job and that is not good for the kid and she would never let them see her grandparents.

renae

Not surprised.

JudyP65

Bethenny is doing the same thing to Bryn that Bethenny's family did to her. She is being extremely selfish. Money has gone to her head, plus fame. Poor Bryn.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

They never looked happy together

TManfredini

I find it so funny that all of you are so full of hate to someone you don't even know personally!! You are all disgusting human beings. She is human and a heart wants what a heart wants or doesn't want. It's non of any of y'all's business. Get a life already. It's the holidays for one and for two...aren't there more important things in life to be angry at (26 people dead from a school shooting)? I can't believe the comments I am reading right now. I myself know how hard it is to keep relationships of any kind going when you have had such a rough childhood. Just give this poor lady and her family some slack and keep your nastiness to yourself!!!

Black Becky

I don't think Bethanny was ever really in love with Jason. She married him out of convenience because she was over 40 and pregnant. Hopefully they will both find partners that are a better fit for them because they were not compatible at all.

Jadeh

I feel the need to post. Only the two people in it know for sure and I am certain many stories will come forth. However I come from the area Jason does and I was getting very annoyed at her disrespect of his parents. They are truly nice people who do not deserve her treatment. Jason is also a good guy and while she thinks she has it all. She no longer does. Again only they know but her announcement timing also shows what she is. If nothing else she could have held off for the sake of her daughter at a magical time for a child that will always hold a tinge of sadness. If she is so heartbroken why is she on the streets for every photo opp? Even on Thanksgiving. Because she is a media monger who wanted to have the media portray her as the good mom. And I am sure she is but a mom needs to stay away from the cameras and protect her child. I just hope for the best for Jason and his family who are going through hell over this mess.

Antsixsixsix

He's too cute for her anyway.

Truth

She's a NIGHTMARE! That squeaky voice and annoying temperament is enough to send any man running for the hills. Jason hits the lottery when they divorce and she will lead a very lonely existence due to her despicable persona. Good riddance Jason...no loss at all.

lucy

stupidity....the day will come when she wishes she had a man like Jason.

mark

That girl is but ugly . She is so ugly the banks turn off the camera's when she is in there

kat40

I knew this was going to happen she is such a bitch some women dont know how to except love and bring there pass issues into the relationship

Pink

What man on earth could stay with an insecure mean bit@h like Bethenny, couldn't believe it lasted as long as it did.

blackbutterfly