Bethenny Frankel

'Real Housewives' Star

Separates from Husband

12/23/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1222_jason-Hoppy_bethenny_frankel_getty"Real Housewives of New York City" star Bethenny Frankel will soon no longer be a wife ... she's splitting up from her husband Jason Hoppy.

Frankel released a statement today, saying, "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."

Frankel and Hoppy were married in 2010 and have a two-year-old daughter Bryn.

In addition to her "Housewives" fame, Frankel is the creator of the Skinnygirl line of cocktail, food and nutrition products.

jordii

She looks more like Bethany Frankenstein. He should be glad he is free of this self-absorbed woman.

Mayu

OMG This means no more Bethany Ever After! This depresses me so much (Said no one ever) Bet she'll suddenly want to be friends with Jill Zarin again since Jill was good enough to help her start her career until she got a man.

EasilyHard

Who would leave that whiny. bug eyed bulemic..she and her crap ****tails have made her a zillionaire!!

Diamond Goddess!

She's bulimic.
"Skinnygirl", indeed!
(What a crock.)

Linda

Very Sad ! I think he really wanted it to work, but Bethaney just couldn't do it. He needs a family girl, but I hope they still parent well together. Maybe his family will now see the little girl. I don't think that happened much.

Smart

While I like them both, and am sad it didn't work out for them......I hope Jason gets some $$$$$ out of the marriage.

Lucy

Honestly who didn't see this coming? I haven't seen her show in the longest time, but I remember when it was that I knew this was a doomed relationship. They were having a fight about him seeing his family and she was upset that he wanted to see them at least once a month (they live mins away in NJ). I mean I get that she didn't grow up in a happy family, but to deny someone you love the chance to spend time with other loved ones simply because you "don't get it" is disgusting and selfish. Rather than embracing a healthy family dynamic, she wanted him to mirror her distant and estranged one. She didn't understand why his parents needed to be involved in their lives or recognize how valuable it would be for their daughter to grow up with loving present grandparents. They were always so nice on the show and seemed to walk around her on egg shells. Yet she constantly complained about them, KNOWING they would see the show?
In a nutshell, if you can't muster up any respect or interest in people your spouse significantly values then you have to know it will not last.

Ali

Maybe if she ate something once and a while she wouldn't be such a nasty, mean, bitch. I actually used to like her on RHONY, but once she went on her own, with her own show she became such a diva and treated him more like an employee than her husband. She disrespected an emasculated him every chance she got. He deserves better. I feel sorry for their daughter. Hopefully she will spend the majority of her time with her father while her narcissistic, self centered mother stays focused on her 15 min. of fame.

Jan

Did Bethenny announce this on Dec. 23 because Santa Claus was getting for attention than Bethenny???

baba

I used to enjoy watching Bethenny thinking she was smart funny witty. over time I now think she cynical selfish rude and her ego is wacked. She has become the person she "claims" she is trying so hard not to be.

Deborah

I am sure there is two sides to the story, but I think from what was shown she was giving in to meet the demands of her husband's lifestyle. It is clear they love each other they need to learn to get along and simply accept who each other is and stay committed to one another. That commitment goes beyond simple love. Good luck to both of them.

Marisol

Good move Beth. I think he's a closet gay anyway.

backfire

Since Bethenny had a reality show it allowed her viewers to witness how much her husband Jason helped her with the brand and is entitled to be paid handsomely. Poor guy, hope he can move on and get joy out of his look-alike-baby.

mary

watched the show acouple of times and she was so cold to him and had so many hangups. she was ugly to his parents, didnt really want them around her or the child. he seemed to be nice and understand her many issues, which didnt change her cold attitude toward him. feel for the little girl, its sad.

go home!

Jason is too good for that crazy nut bag bethany. That poor man has suffered enough. There are thousands of women out there that would LOVE to have a good man like him. Bethany took him for granted & blew it. She is going to end up just like her crazy ass mother who she despises. I wish Jason would go for sole custody of Brin sho she grows up in a healthy environment. His parents are beautiful & Bethany treated his family like crap. It was embarrassing to watch on TV. I bet they are relieved she will be out of their son's life. Good luck Jason, trust that you will find a wonderful, sane woman who can be a healthy step mother to your daughter. Sole custody!!