George Bush Sr.

Condition Worsens

Moved to ICU

12/26/2012 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1226-george-hw-bush-getty
The condition of former President George H.W. Bush appears to be deteriorating ... he's been in intensive care since Sunday, and his people are hedging on his prospects for recovery, saying they're "cautiously optimistic."

88-year-old Bush was hospitalized in November due to a bronchitis-like cough, and has remained hospitalized since.

Bush suffers from a condition called vascular Parkinsonism, which Bush has described as a kind of leg paralysis where "you tell your legs to move, and they don't move."  It's unclear if the condition is related to his current hospitalization.

Bush's fever has gone up in the last few days, and doctors have been unable to control it.

1226_george_hw_bush_get_well_soon_footer_v2

Keepin' it Real

If TMZ is going to continue to carry updates to this developing story they really need to dedicate a staff member to monitor the comments. This is too important of a story to let the comments be hijacked by juveniles and simply heartless dullards. Very unamerican and unpatriotic.

KicksandGiggles

Mr.Bfett, get help. Its not normal to hope anybody dies. Its cool not to like people, thats fine and your right to even hate people. But wishing death is a whole new level that is not acceptable most of the time.

Sharon

I didn't vote for him but I hope he gets well. No one wants to see another human being ill. Speedy Recovery former President Bush.

DC Teacher

Sir, I hope you regain your strength back soon. My dad who is your age was in the same situation a few months ago and he enjoyed his Christmas Dinner last night and the love of family. Thank you for your years at the White House, CIA, and public service. I know it wasn't easy. Enjoy your family and the love they are showing you right now and everything will be ok. All will be ok.

Pockets

People are still praying? That's such a dated practice, my religion has already developed a much more efficient form of wishing things would happen.

Truth

LOL, MOST PEEPS HERE THINK THIS IS THE MORON SON OF HIS GEORGE BUSH JR. THIS IS THE SR., THE ONE WITH AN ACTUAL BRAIN AND FEW IQ POINTS ON THE POSITIVE SIDE. #TRUTH!!

RobLowesExNanny

Can't believe all of the hateful comments. Karma is a BITCH, and all of you haters will find that out the hard way. When President Obama is old and sick, there are some of us (who did not vote for him) who will wish him nothing but good health. Shame on you haters!

SNAFU

The Bush family has run the US for a long time, with a few little bumps along the way. And there's more to come too. Let's have a look shall we? Head of the CIA, 8 years VP, 4 years Pres., Son is Pres for 8 years. Possible other son becoming Pres. Then there was Prescot in the beginning. But credit to the Prez for his WWII service.

nan

I am not a fan of the Bush family politics , but I certainly am hoping the best for all concerned...
It is very hard to watch a loved one go through something like this..Hard on everybody:(

tonibelle

And Tmz has begun the death watch. Hope you get what you're looking for. Fame, Death, Ratings, $

Hot Chocolate

God Bless George H.W. Bush and his family. We hope things improve.

JimmyCrapCorn

Later, Gator.

DanaS

Prayers for the family ....no matter your political views it's hard to lose family

mike

People like gwb sr , have moved socities forward. if it wasn't for men like him , the entire world would be a 3rd world status.

rhode

He is a father and a grandfather, so I hope he improves. He's also just a few years older than my dad, and I dread the day I have to worry about health issues that my dad might suffer like this.