George Bush Sr.

Condition Worsens

Moved to ICU

12/26/2012 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1226-george-hw-bush-getty
The condition of former President George H.W. Bush appears to be deteriorating ... he's been in intensive care since Sunday, and his people are hedging on his prospects for recovery, saying they're "cautiously optimistic."

88-year-old Bush was hospitalized in November due to a bronchitis-like cough, and has remained hospitalized since.

Bush suffers from a condition called vascular Parkinsonism, which Bush has described as a kind of leg paralysis where "you tell your legs to move, and they don't move."  It's unclear if the condition is related to his current hospitalization.

Bush's fever has gone up in the last few days, and doctors have been unable to control it.

1226_george_hw_bush_get_well_soon_footer_v2

LISA

I'm a Canadian, and I'm saddened and shocked that I have more respect for former President Bush than some people here. He served his country, and seems like a very kind and loyal person.

Mr. President, I wish you well. I hope you are not suffereing. My thoughts and wishes will be with you and your family tonight. Best wishes, Lisa

Antsixsixsix

Remember that one time he threw up?

Lucky_130

You supporters will love Bushes new world order of unlimited possibilities,lol.

Legend

I'm sad to hear of his illness. Despite all the haters, he is a good man and he served his country both in the military and as President. That's more than most of his haters will ever do in their pathetic lives. My prayers are with him and his family. Having lost my dad recently to a terminal illness, I know their pain.

bus4bud

Americans are so angry and full of hate - for their own previous leader of whichover 50% of you voted for! What a sad, sad group of hateful nasty people so many of you are. Harvey, close the post. You are not helping. You are simply proving what so many around the world think - that Americans are vile. At least some of you on here who post!

Crozbeeross

May not agree with your politics but I owe it to you to respect what you did for our Country. My prayers go towards you President Bush.

Throwback kid

This is an accomplished man, I would put his resume against the paper thin resume of our community organizer Obama's any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

SchoolTheRookies

LOL

Peace82

Wishing President Bush a speedy recovery.

Ram1313

All I have to say.... KARMA !!!!

BabyBubba

Please pray for Poppa.

Rebeleich

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mr. President. Lord please let him live long enough to see his great-grandaughter.

CriticXtreme

It's ye old karma train slowly pulling into the station. Sins of the father and sins of one's son done for your approval and affection. That chick we all thought was your mom was your wife, Laura Bush, a murderer and your whole family just shady. A lot of morons who believed in you, have died. Secretly you where on whole other agenda, yet morons still believed in you. This is the big payback.

Mel

Honestly stick to Entertainment news even that is well...anyway your writers are horrible!! With all the unemployed Americans out of work this is your best??? wtf

stacey

Wr need to flag that champ person they are try to get a book deal! Hey champ if I want to read a book I would have pulled out my kindle! So my advice to u is u need to stop for u have the FBI at your front door!!