Sarah Silverman

DEFENDS 'Django'

... Let the N-Word Flow!

12/26/2012 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122612_silverman_launch_v2
Spike Lee is breaking a sacred rule by criticizing "Django Unchained" for its pervasive use of the n-word -- so says Sarah Silverman ... who tells TMZ, art is art ... and "you can't tell art what to do."

Sarah was out in L.A. when we asked about Spike's refusal to watch the new Quentin Tarantino flick, which features the n-word roughly 110 times. Spike criticized the film, claiming it mocks slavery and is "disrespectful to my ancestors."

But last night, Sarah shot back, "Doesn't it take place like during slavery? Wouldn't it be odd if they didn't have that horrific word in it?"

Sarah -- a self-professed Spike Lee fan -- said, "[Spike's] got a lot of mishegas with a lot of art. I think you can't really tell art what to do."

Or can you ...

MrsB

To the ppl who are against this movie..did you even see the movie? Or are you just being a follower? I'm sure if you seen the movie for yourself you would see that this is a Western not a do***entary...have a seat and get over yourselves seriously

Cereal_Killer

I effin Hate jamie foxx he is Trash I wont see some dumbass movie with a pos who doesnt belive in God the only Lord And Savior! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year....

HungWang

Art is not art. That crap is in no way art. The jews call everything they can make money on art. Musicians and painters are artists. Actors are not artists, they are some jews kid that got them a job. A artist does things the rest of us cant do. Ill give you an example. You can put Shaq in a movie, but you can't take an actor and have him start of the Lakers. This is a non talent, because if it took talent, nobody would be born into it...

Joao

Silverman... hummmm, I can think of some nice choice words for Jews that I'm sure would forbidden to be repeated 110x in the course of two hours.

HOWEVER, per Mr. Hypercritical Spike Jones... his movies aired a lot of pathetic inner-racial dirty laundry that I wasn't heretofore aware of that definitely coloured my opinion of black self-loathing. If he really has an issue with the so-called n-word, why hasn't he taken his campaign to the hip/hop, rap folks or is it only derogatory when someone white says it--because he rap brethren has pretty much sunk the race as far as it can go.

Scott Guiher

I think that the whole STUPID use of first letters to describe a word that some people find harmful is the dumbest thing ever. We thin skinned Americans sound like a bunch of cry baby third graders when we refer to things by the N word, the R word, the C word and so on. Maybe it is time for Americans to Man-up and not be such weaklings. Or is man-up now the M word?

steak man

So to make spike lee happy all movies made for that time period should use the African American word and not ni**er. Hey spike what about Alex Haley's Roots? Why don't you call BET and tell them that you will not watch the movie because it offensive.

Scott Guiher

The N word
The C word
The R word
The B word
Etc, Come on you guys, you are making Americans look like a bunch of thin skinned third graders. People need to Man-Up and get used to having their feelings hurt once in awhile. Now I suppose we will have the M word. Geez, what a bunch of cry babies and that includes the hyprocrite Spike Lee.

Rich

Spike Lee has an enormous impression that he the authority on blacks and black history....GET OVER YOURSELF...you arent that much!!!

Carl

Spike thinks he has the exclusive right to make controversial movies about black people. Also, he hasn't been relevant since the 90s and is probably pissed about that.

Sam Rothstein (Casino fame)

The word has no meaning to African Americans who have accomplished forward mobility socially, economically & educationally.If your not a bitch, hoar, or any facsimile thereof u hv no feeling towards derogatory names other than calling the person spewing it an idiot.We as black people use the "N" word as a term of endearment bcuz it has lost its power so we own it.Whites and latinos love to use it thinking it's hip & cool, as if they were down with the movement and u shouldn't be shocked.Yes someone from my 79 yr old fathers generation should be embarrassed & appalled by the word but this generation throws the word around like we own it and it doesn't hurt coming from the right mouth unfortunately.Rappers and current actors use it as much as dudes on the corner for a lack of another word, that's why most people curse, they don't have a sensible word to replace it.(Although curses do have their place for emphasis in certain situations especially rap or when black mothers are reprimanding their kids, but it doesn't make it right) Overall, Tarantino made a movie that will showcase in 2012-13, with language that this generation understands depicting 1859.What were they calling us back then? DL Hughley said it best, the joke went:"I heard your boss called u a N....., oh yeah well did he put laid off in front of it? If not, **** it"..Comedy.

nipples mugee

I love this chick.. She can talk dirty to me all night long.. Hey TMZ.. your website is turning my virus checker on.. You guys throwing nasty scripts to my web browser ? Get them lame webmasters to check the site for virus/..

Sam Rothstein (Casino fame)

Sam Rothstein (Casino fame)

BTW Sarah is a bad a..white chic. I've always had a mad crush on this girl,can't call it,something abt her,plus her body is nice..Trust me if she came to a club with the brothers mad catz would roll on that a...Lol,just adding some levity to my previous statement but I'd hit it..4 sure

speakMYbrain

this guy below me never saw her nude seen! lmfao ICK!

speakMYbrain