Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

Tusita

If this joker makes $25 Million, do you really think he cares about getting his coworkers fired?!! What's the stress he's going to have? I don't think his morning show is worth $25,000!!! I wonder who sets up salary scales for these type of jokers, seriously.

Rick

Like we give a rip. With the salary he's earning for what he's doing, we don't care about his emotional status. If he can't deal with truth, get him off and there will be another jerk to take his place. what a waste of time.

buckeye

was watching a show where matt was commenting on hair care pruducts and ann kiddingly said that he was in need of some. the look he gave her could kill ! she was off the show the next week

FreedomSpeaks2u

Funny how his liberal fans have turned on him....Hahaha... Now you see how shallow and stupid your fan club is you lying liberal P.O.S......!!! Hahahaha

monique

i know matt is a freakin lyer he had nothing to do w/ annes firing.on annes last day on the couch interview matt huged anne and shes pulling away from him.matt was huging her for the cameras to throw us off.he thinks hes better than everyone,since anne was fired i stopped watching that show,because anne broght a gentle human side to the show,its not the same without her.fire matt lauer,hes a looser and a snob.

ken

I stopped watching when Ann left. When I heard how Matt wanted her out blaming her for the dip in ratings I was appalled. Not a big fan of Al Roker either. I think he treats people rudely and is having an increasingly harder time keeping that side of him from coming through. As for Savannah...nice but milk toast in comparison to her predecessors (including Ann). Ann brought warmth and humility to Today..a certain humblenss that rivals Diane Sawyer on the evening news. I have fallen in love with Good Morning America and think they provide the best morning news show. I wouldn't go back to Today now for anything. Matt Lauer needs to feel bad. He now is part of a dying morning show he helped to destroy.

John

To quote Rick Marshall.. "Matt Lauer can suck it"

Gary

Re: Ann Curry, I doubt Matt had anything to do with her being taken off TODAY, NBC probably just "threw her under the bus", as I her commented about NBC on the TODAY show. To me that's what they did when NBC took over THE WEATHER CHANNEL.. Personalities I'd seen on TWC for years suddenly disappeared. Programming appeared showing storms and floods over and over. Except for Weather on the 8s I scarcely TWC anymore. I used to let the old orange and blue with scrolled print roll for hours.

Joe

Why is it that when a liberal news guy like this makes $25,000,000 no one says anything. His ratings are way down and he helped get Obama reelected. I can not stand the double standards in this country. Everyone bitches about CEO's and rich people making money but they say nothing about this guy.

t kozak

If he got the bitch fired and demanded she be gone for him to come back, then he should get screamed at. You mad the bed, Mat, so shut your piehole and
enjoy the $25 million you got.

martha

I couldn't stand Ann Curry and I'm glad she is gone.
She was not a good morning show host, she was awkward and she did not listen to guests.
Also, her posture is horrible.
It was fun though texting my friends in the morning watching her and goofing on her antics

sgt york

Awwww poor baby

cindy

go to hell matt. you don't deserve the huge salary you get.

Tom Watson

Who is Matt Lauer? Never heard of him. Is he important in my life? Guess not.

Silas DuBard

Most anyone could replace Matt Lauer. I can't visualize how he ever became a national newsperson.
He is about as poor as I have observed.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments