Matt Lauer

People Are Screaming

Bad Things At Me!!!

12/27/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1226_matt_lauer_article_getty
Matt Lauer is "freaked out" that people -- and lots of them -- have been screaming at him on the streets of Manhattan, calling him names and blaming him for the demise of Ann Curry.

Network sources tell TMZ ... Matt is "miserable" over what he believes are hateful and unfair tirades.  Matt says the harassment is constant, with people screaming things like "You're a bad guy,"and "You got Ann fired.  Does that make you happy?"

Matt is telling people at NBC there have also been lots of sarcastic comments about his $25 million salary.  He feels "abused," insisting Ann's firing is not his fault.  But, as TMZ first reported, Matt made it clear when he re-signed -- he didn't want Ann in the picture.

One network source says, "It's driving him crazy.  He's so unhappy."

As for Matt's future at "Today," it's secure by default.  Aside from the fact that he has a contract, our network sources say NBC honchos are stuck.  They have no one who can step in and stop the bleeding.  As for Willie Geist, the new, 9 AM "Today" host, one very connected source says the sentiment is, "He's not ready.  He's not there yet."

Ann

He's a jerk, who cares. What a whinney baby!

parkercouchy

I'm freaked out that Laurer has fans.

Nicole

What bothers me about Matt is the fact that he feels the need to constantly talk about the fact he is a germaphobe usually as a guest is trying to shake his hand or give him a pat on the back it comes across rude and it makes guests uncomfortable.

me

Oh, poor Matt.....we really feel for you. Now...how does it feel? rofl

cindyloo

Oh..........poor baby - NOT!

Celebrities Suck

listen to the words on this video. That's what I think about Matt and the mainstream media....

Song by IAMX

BB not bb

Wow he feels abused making 25 million. Maybe he should keep 1 million and give the rest to charity, let them hire back Ann Curry, and stop being so smug and pompous. Then they will stop picking on him.

Love25

I just e-mailed the Today show last week about how much I hate Matt Lauer, He not only ruined Ann Curry's career but he demoted Jenna Wolfe, probably because she wouldn't sleep with his nasty As$. Ugh after that interview with Anne Hathaway...I just had it. He is a digusting creep, I wish I saw him walking down the street I would yell some thing too. LOSER. rant over.

ibjujub

K4RM4....you can be anti-God as much as you want...eventually he'll catch up with you.

ibjujub

Hey Matt, here's another....FU!

Sir Boo

I stopped watching after Ann's tearful "good bye." Matt is an a$$.

conchitadelmundo

uh, matt... you're a douche, dude. do something about it.

conchitadelmundo

uh, matt... you're a douche. stop your whining and do something about it.

Troi

Don't know how fancy folks (Networks) in NYC do it , but here in the Austin, Texas market,....regardless of the contract,...y-o-u don't bring the numbers, your az@z is gone,......ratings has ALWAYS been the name of the game,......soooo, with NBC bleeding out, keeping that arrogant Matt Lauer is a wise decision? Really? Ann Curry was treated so poorly, and watching Ann Curry saying goodbye through her tears,....that hypocrite Matt Lauer trying to pat her shoulder?....I was so proud of Ann that she did NOT continue to take his crap,...and his hand recoiled,...because he got pizzed,......so sad, so glad,....he's a worm.I too stopped watching and went to GMA,....couldn't stomach Matt's hypocrisy,....poor Savannah,...she stepped into this pile, and the crossfire,...and will be forever remembered for it. I still don't understand his self importance??? He's not that good,...I mean really, a LOT of people remember his stellar performance in interrogating Tom Cruise, and Cruise calling him glib,.....that is the kind of sh@t he is remembered for,.......he's no Walter Cronkite,....never will be,...never even close. Should stay with interviewing celebrities who think they are aliens.

conchitadelmundo

actually, he and lindsay lohan would make the perfect couple. both are in complete denial that they bear complete responsibility for their actions.