Katt Williams

Quentin Tarantino Has No Business Using the N-Word

12/29/2012 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1229_katt_williams_QT_videoIn between getting out of jail and getting in the middle of a parking lot brawl, Katt Williams took the time to talk to TMZ about "Django Unchained" ... and threatened to beat the crap out of Quentin Tarantino if he gets the chance.

Williams didn't voice his opinion in a polite way like Spike Lee did. First he threatened to punch QT in the face, then told us, "Quentin Tarantino thinks he can say the N-word. But I checked with all of Ni**adom and nobody knows where he got his pass from. I hope he didn't get it from Samuel L. Jackson and Jamie Foxx cause they aren't going to help you when I see you."

When our photog tried to compare QT to Steven Spielberg (who made "Amistad" in 1997), Katt shot back, "Quentin Tarantino is no Steven Spielberg. Steven Spielberg doesn't wanna be black, Quentin Tarantino thinks he is. So when he meets a real ni**a, we'll see if he is or not."

Quentin, you've been warned.

Questdelsangraal

Nice crackhead look you have going for you Katt.

DamnI'mFine

Either the word is offensive or not. Either everyone can use it or not one can use it. I think the word is offensive and no one should use it, including black people. I don't agree with that double-standard rule that black can use the word and no one else can. If black people quit using the disgusting word, it would probably go away.

TXboy2throwed

Bottom line its our word not whites or Mexicans

Alexander Hernandez

Who needs to get a pass? I'm Hispanic with a lot of close friends who are African American and I don't say the word because it is disrespectful but when it's used in a film in that time period it is what it is. Why be mad at Tarantino? Why not Leonardo, Samuel or Jamie? I think they're focusing on the word and not the big picture. It's a fictional movie so if they want the "D" to be silent, who cares? If it was really that much of an issue do you really think a talented and smart actor like "Jamie" would have taken the role? The story is about a man on a search to find his wife.

larry odell

***** Pleeeze!!

sentientone

Looking for a little attention?Attach yourself to a media star

miicharox

Woah at the end of the day it's just a movie! So what if the N word is in the script 110 times my ancestors aren't rolling over in theor graves bc of it! Washed up stars will do anything for attention and to be hot again!

MikeMcPherson

What a ****ing idiot. If every black actor in Hollywood turned down the roles they were offered because of the story and the language and Quentin replaced them all with white actors in black face I could accept ANYONE having an issue with the film. It's a ****ing movie! Williams and Spike Lee need to STFU. One, by you making public statements about the film, it's only going to get more attention. Two, what do you think you're going to change? and three no one cares. Everyone knows that racism isn't gone in America, but that doesn't mean everyone involved with the movie or who went to see it is a bigot. Katt Williams and Spike Lee need to hit YouTube and look up an interview on 60 Minutes with Mike Wallace and Morgan Freeman. Even if you don't agree with what Mr. Freeman had to say, you should ask yourself, is bitching about an age old problem nearly 500 years later really going to change anything? Bitching about racism is like complaining about civil war in the middle east... It's never going to end completely.

oBAMa

I am sick and tired of black people telling us we can't say a word. It's a WORD. Anyone in the world can say it if they want. You don't own it and you can't control people. If it's such a terrible word then NO ONE should say it! That includes bossy black folks.

mayabbott

Spike Lee doesn't have a special patent on the word ******. If Spike Lee, and any other black person according to him, can say the word ******, than so can Quentin Tarantino and so can I. In fact, QT should look into legal action. Perhaps he's being harrassed by SL. Also, Lee is a big, loud , hypocrite. Spike Lee demeans multiple ethnic groups in several of his movies. Where did he get HIS special pass?
Personally, I strongly dislike the movies of both Spike Lee AND Quentin Tarantino. I think they're both talentless hacks. But, if one can say ******, or *****, than so can the other. This is the Amercia, and the Bill of Rights that these liberals are always yakking about. Unfortunately, liberals are just as guilty as using these American rights whenever and however it suits them, as anyone else. They're absolurely the best though, at putting themselves up on moral pedastals. So, here's me, exercising my American right, under the Ammendment protecting freedom of speech, saying ******. Just like Spike Lee gets to do.

MediaWatchOz

Words are what use to communicate in all languages. There no logical rules what words shouldn't be used based on race.

Those blacks that continue to use the N word are keeping a negative cogitation alive. If other races don't use the H/D/WASP words with each other; Why do blacks feel the need to do this?

You can't cir***vent ANY word for your own use based on race and forbid others,saying its offensive when they use it but not when 'you' do.

The argument that blacks can use the N word but all other races can't is illogical. Blacks outside the US don't use the N word amongst their own!

It's not a BLACK thing to do,it's only black Americans doing this!

JS

When I think of QT terroristic threats come to mind so I will not comment. He is disgusting and should be banned from all media and boycotted for any of his work. It is garbage and he is a bottom feeder s***!

JS

If I said what I wished would happen to QT I would probably be charged with terroristic threats. It is no surprise here that I will NOT be viewing this filth. N/I

nathan

QT should take him up on the offer. Serious KW may or may not be a skilled drive-by guy but he doesn't have anyone shaking about brawling with him.

Then, according to KW's great logic, if QT wins the parking lot fight , the director has an official pass to use the word and no one can complain.

rickky troutte

Isn't that racist saying a person of a certain race is not allowed to says things that another race can say?

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments