Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

smorbie

This is another example of linguistic apartheid. Why is it okay for homosexual people to call each other names like that, but it not okay for others? Apparently, it's also okay for Charlie Sheen, but what would happen, I wonder, if, say Kirk Cameron said it. His address would be tweeted out immediately with a call for violence against him.

Tammylee

Who cares report on some real news ! Have you ever been to a construction sit?

silk

Never like him and never will. He's one big drug addict and with a big ego.

Booker

I'm gay and my best friend uses this word all the time, because he's crude, socially inappropriate in general and a very funny guy. I've also been called this word in a way that was painful and demeaning, and I do know the difference, because I'm a grownup. The way Sheen did it does not hurt my little feelings.

Taxman

No matter what your opinion is of Charlie personally, we have to back him on this so that special interest groups don't continue to censor the English language. He obviously wasn't using the word in a way to deride homosexuals, so there should be no harm done.

sterlingguys

if you think charlie make a mistake you're wrong

sterlingguys

i like charlie but he used the word like he says it every day

onecoolgrama

So how many drinks did he have before the outburst, lol.

cobrazombie

Big deal. I find all the Katt Williams stories more offensive.

sterlingguys

black people use the n word to each other, gay people use the f***ot word to each other but its not right for charlie to use this word

sterlingguys

he said that word in an offensive way

Beth

So the US says they try to keep the drug cartels out, right? Well we feel the same here in Cabo...Please keep Charlie Sheen at home.

BC

the man apologized- let it go. No lives were lost.

Raymond

You can tell this is some crappy pseudo news by the "it was all fun and games until" part, which is never given any specifics on.

So then, was anybody offended? The police called? What exactly happened that it all suddenly turned around to be not fun and games anymore?

Man, this is just so lame lame lame. Get your act together folks please. At least try.

Jodi

IMO, Charlie Sheen is a pathetic old man who know people only want to be around him hoping for a handout. He has mone and don't mind spending it so he think this gives him the right to call people out of their name. I feel sorry for the dude. He called them the "f" word and meant it. Then he lied and saw he had a lisp. and I bet everyone laughed because he's Charlie Sheen and would probably be buying everyone drinks later on.