Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

exlax

why is he ashamed of his real givin name?

wirelessmom

Is this Cambodia in the '70s? Should we throw Charlie into a re-education camp? Is anyone else tired of the queer police checking out everything you say?

Joybubble55

Who cares....

pk

Who gives a thit?

Linda

oh stop already....leave him alone. ..

Spuchy

TMZ tries so hard to create controversy and generate politically correct anger from its readers. Based upon their own instant polls, it seems most visitors here think they're full of crap.

Jamie

Charlie will be Charlie...that's just how he is and I find it hilarious that people actually take him THAT serious. Get over people find something else to bitch about then getting worked up over something CHARLIE SHEEN said lol

Jah36

TMZ has a vested interest in pushing the homosexual agenda. Harvey Levin himself engages in homosexual behavior. In an attempt to somehow "normalize" what is clearly perverted behavior, he obviously has instructed his staff to make an issue anytime someone uses the word "f*ggot." FYI, TMZ, that doesn't mean someone has a fear of homosexuals. Just means they disagree with perverted behavior.

Majestik

I love how Harvey and company constantly call out celebs for using Homophobic slurs yet they refuse to address when a member of their own staff makes a remark considered Homophobic.

Made it Past 27

GET OVER IT! it wasnt meant as a slur!

the truth

Jesus hates gags! Jk but I do! Not but I don't see the big deal it's like the n1gg3r thing. Are worlds becoming overly politically correct. Oh here. The liberal media Americas thought police shapping the beliefs of the feeble minded. Self Empowerment what happened to us?

the truth

***s I meant

vitesse

Amazing...so hypocritical for people to feel one way about people using the N word yet think nothing offensive or hateful about someone using ***got. Hate is hate. It's all coming from the same ugly place. I guess your just saying one form of hate speech is better or more socially acceptable than another. Truly pathetic

Koob

Charlie's apology really amounted to just another joke. Charlie really should apologize for his life and career more than for this remark.

That said, I'm glad that he's not willing to join our President and others in pretending that gay behavior is normal.

Peacemaker12

I guess none of those commenting really care when a gay or lesbian youth commits suicide after years of repeated public bullying.