Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

bewildered

Who cares

TrixLaRue

Please....It has been proven that Charlie Sheen can do absolutely anything and everything will be ok...he will still have a good job, millions in the bank, lots of women, his family at his feet...and you think this will bring him down? Doubt it.

Bobo Frog

He wasn't being hateful, he was being playful and just having fun with the crowd. But way to go TMZ at trying to crucify the guy with your red box surrounding this article. I guess this is TMZ's version of Breaking News.

deb

TWO THIRDS think this is INNOCENT? This result doesnt speak well for the tmz audience (or our culture in general?) Stunning.....and not in a good way.

ray

Of course F^GGOT also means a a bundle of sticks, or a ball of chopped meat. So maybe charlie meant "a ball of chopped meat."

LISA

I'm a little disappointed Charlie didn't use this as an oppunity to chew out Lindsay Lohan for being ungrateful for his $100,000 gift!

Mike

America is getting to soft gay people can get talked about to in a comedy show . I can't stand the gay groups always bashing people. Chick fil a doesn't agree with gay marriage and not once did the CEO say he hate gay people and look at all the drama chick fil a went thru . Me myself personally I don't agree with gay marriage but who am I to stop you and judge u God will be your judge

the_truth_hurts

omfg we are to worried abut offending the gays,blacks and retards....Im a fat middle class white man, i get nothing for free like THEY do...wtf cares

Church Lady

Why do you have a red border around this article? Get over yourself, Harvey. Nobody cares.

Ben187ya

He should of just said no homo, then it would of been ok.

Meanie

An alcoholic/addict and he owns his own bar. Hmmm... ok.

Rusty Shackleford

just like with the Django n-word thing, it is NOT the words that are the problem any more, its the culture that tries to label EVERYTHING. this may be coming from a not-very-pc person, but it doesnt matter WHAT you label an object or person: eventually that label will become an object of discomfort and suddenly is added to a new list of "bad words"
face it, the world is not a nice cuddly warm safe place. people are always going to disagre, some people will always hate, and regardless people will always use verbage that they encountered in their own life. seriously, go back to kindergarten people, you'll learn about sticks and stones, and how 'words will never hurt me"

jimi

the ***s ,lezzies and blacks are always crying about something. give it a rest

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

Come on! It's Charlie! We love you man! Happy New Year!

Azi

I think it's legal in Mexico.