Charlie Sheen

Drops Homophobic Slur

12/30/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123012_sheenCharlie Sheen
hosted the splashy opening of his bar at the hippest hotel in Cabo -- El Ganzo -- and it was all fun and games until Charlie hurled a homophobic slur at the audience.

Charlie was introducing several musical acts at the event this weekend, including Slash, who performed for the crowd ... which included the likes of L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Dr. Robert Huizenga from "The Biggest Loser." Up to that point, Charlie was the man of the party -- kissing girls, shaking hands, taking pics with everyone.

But during the intro, for some inexplicable reason, he yelled, "How we doing? ... Lying bunch of f**got a**holes, how we doing?"

Charlie, who is a partner in the bar, tells TMZ two things:

1.  "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone."

2.  "I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp."

So we gotta ask ...

1230-charlie-sheen-Antonio-Villaraigosa-twitter
update_bar
Interesting ... Mayor Villaraigosa is mum, his rep says they have "no comment."

birge.kevin@gmail.com

If he had said something hateful about working class white males, he would have been lauded. Funny how bigotry and hatred are encouraged toward some groups and discouraged toward others. You would almost thing there was an agenda at work.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Never in a million years would I have guessed something like this would come out of Charlie's mouth.

amy

Unless it was a self proclaimed gay audience, he was just calling the self proclaimed straight people ***ggots for lying about being straight. What's wrong with everyone? Go study some Bralalalala

Truth

Why is a learned degrading sexual preference given any recognition? Uck gays!!! And as far as skin color ngars have been discriminated since days of old. It is what it is!!

Amy

He also said something about my mom and her convertible mini-van. I'll be in my room crying.

Emma

Oh no! Hang him hang him! Pffttt. WHO CARES

hummingbird

I don't think he meant any harm. Some people just talk like that, and it means nothing! Some people are just sensitive, get over it, and toughen up! *******!

Vernon P. Alarcon

10. Just look at that useless LA mayor - Antonio "Besetuculo". That constantly smiling, incompetent POS will laugh and smile at anything while LA turns into a sewer of criminal behavior and corruption. Tony will pose with the worst of the bad just to get more press coverage. WTF is he doing in Mexico anyway? Recruiting more illegals???

Emma

While we are getting all offended all the time, I'm offended by the word "homophobic" Phobia is a fear. No one is AFRAID of gay people. It's the dumbest word ever. ;)

amy

Didn't he say he was bi anyway.

Carmen

I'm noticing a lot of racial comments on this TMZ site. It needs to stop. The N word or any racial word twords minorities are not acceptable. Charlie apologized, accept it and move on.

Clint Torris

What is villa la raza doing in there? Stupid mexican. Pack your bags douchebag your sanctuary city is a disgrace to the hardworking citizens who do the right thing. I don't have the words to voice my contempt for you. Third world POS.

charles

on the replay sounds like an intended, rehearsed welcome.
not a word "dropped" in and not "all fun and games until he hurled" ..."for some unexplicable reason"

really! really?

Harvey I love you. You are intelligent and funny and I have a small crush on you (yes I'm a woman and yes, I realize you are gay). Some stories you must ask yourself, "is my interest in this story due to a personal reason? If so maybe I shouldn't use the TMZ platform as my soapbox. Charlie Sheen was predictably Charlie Sheen. He is loved for his outrageousness but his humor is not for the faint of heart.

patsfan4life

LOL at "I have a lisp" I'm sorry, dude was wrong for using that word considering how hurtful it is, but that was funny.