'Real Housewives' Star

My Lawyers Sued Me for

$100k ... AND I LOST!!!

12/30/2012 5:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1228_sheree_whitfield_article_getty"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Sheree Whitfield is learning the hard way ... DON'T MESS WITH YOUR LAWYERS ... because they will sue you for A LOT of money, and they will win.

The law firm Weinstock & Scavo sued Sheree back in 2010 ... claiming the "Real Housewife" racked up $165k in legal bills while they repped her in her divorce from former NFL star Bob Whitfield.

According to docs, Sheree coughed up about $69k to W&S for services rendered, but never paid the remaining $96k ... because she claimed the firm was overcharging her.

But a judge recently sided with W & S ... ordering the reality star to pay the outstanding balance, plus interest ... for a total of $119, 674.

That extra $75k is gonna come in handy.

skeyehi

static

I'd like to see the breakdown of that bill how does it cost $165k for a divorce?!

wendy

she is the worst kind of money grubber. she was waiting for the big pay day from her ex, which will never happen. he claim's to be broke, if he isn't he's smart cuz she started building her dream home with money she didn't have...the joke's on her. now she's broke. her next move will be hooking up with another rich guy. karma does exist!

@iAMTIMWILSON

I believe I speak for the whole entire human race when I say, never mind my momma always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say nothing at all" Happy New Years y'all!

Jay W.

Ahhh... Lawyers. Gotta love em', right?

Krismose1

My buddy was in an accident and all said and done, $8000 for photocopies!

Los Pepes

Seriously!
Who watches this crap?

Toallthehatersoftheworld

I miss her on the show I think bravo should of kept her ms Porsche is not a good fit on the show im like Kenya Moore what have she done she living off her husband and grandfather

Atlgb

$199,674! Girlfriend is gonna have to sell a LOT of "She By Sheree"...

WTF

Have you ever heard "Never trust a politician, lawyer or preacher"? There are reasons this is true.

Lawyers are very creative about their billing. When they tell you it will cost you $10000 for their services, expect a bill for an ADDITIONAL $10K-15K when they're done. And yes, you'll have to pay it. You'll see $200 per hour billing for a secretary to type up a do***ent. Hours of telephone time. It won't take long to figure out they must somehow work 20 hour days on your case. But take a lawyer to court, or vice versa, and you WILL lose. Judges? Where do you think they come from? You will find yourself to be a victim of the most member protective club in the world.

Lawyers. Gotta love 'em.

Pigweed

People need to go postal in law offices.

CriticXtreme

I'll give you $2.00 to shut the F-up!

MAS

I bet Bob is running around in circles, sticking his tongue out with his cross eyed ass.

leah

Boo! Hoo!

TNastyFunktown

When you seek counsel, you sign paperwork acknowledging the fees. If you felt like you were being overcharged, you would have been better off handling it instead of just not paying it. That doesn't work for anyone, not even you, Sheree.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments