Robin Roberts

Won't Return to GMA

Til Mid 2013

12/30/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1228-robin-roberts
Robin Roberts
will not re-join the "Good Morning America" staff until May at the earliest, and more probably June, 2013 ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show and the anchor tell TMZ ... Robin's medical issues make an earlier return way too risky, because her immune system is extremely weak.

We're told doctors are pleased with her progress and say she's right on schedule, but that schedule puts her on the bench for 5 or 6 months ... something she's not crazy about but realizes is necessary.

Sources at GMA tell us ... the honchos are hoping that Robin can return as early as February, but we know that's not in the cards.

And speaking of cards ... we're told they're coming in by the truckload -- cards, emails, etc, wishing her well.  GMA honchos believe Robin's return will boost ratings for the show even higher, which can become problematic for the struggling "Today" show.

GatorBait

Love and misss u!

TheEric

I can't stand her on GMA, but she seems like a genuine person. Good luck to her on her recovery.

Duffy

Continue to get better! You are greatly missed! and to all the "haters".....remember Karma is a b****. It will get you in the end!

john

Who cares about her ..period. As the libs wish George Bush death....aww I wont go there.

pat

Glad to hear she's making some progress. Hope she gets well soon.

That being said, can someone tell me who is always putting her out there? Is it GMA doing this for ratings? Seems to me they should leave her be so she can recover.

Or is it Robin herself that is doing this for her own reasons? That would be somewhat narcisisstic.

Either way, get well soon.

paul a.

As a conservative, I have found her to be fair to our side, unlike most of her colleagues. Godspeed, Robin. Looking forward to seeing you on the TV again

MadCharles

GMA is just another social waste land of airtime.

Phishie from Philly

Keep fighting like the fighter you are Robbin. Don't worry about your fans. Take your time in recovering. We will be here when you get back.
Phishie from Philly

Gretel

This might not be a popular comment but I think Robin Roberts is a very special lady and I loved her om GMA. Since she's been gone the show has turned into a circus and lost its dignity. I hope Robin returns to good health with each passing day. She just got her dog back home, so I'm sure that will help. She's a total class act.

Rose

get well soon <3

tracker

Robin please know I pray for you to keep your spirits lifted and in that way you keep many of us lifted..'If Robin can do it,I can do it..It's gonna be O.k.

Erin

Sending many, many blessings your way Robin! Godspeed! :)

Jdawg

She is not really coming back. Slowly Racist Matt is working on a All White Crew ,Your Next Al Roker

lovely

Good bless...ox

IMO

I hope she gets well soon and comes back more beautiful and stronger than before. Many blessings for her return!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments