Robin Roberts

Won't Return to GMA

Til Mid 2013

12/30/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1228-robin-roberts
Robin Roberts
will not re-join the "Good Morning America" staff until May at the earliest, and more probably June, 2013 ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show and the anchor tell TMZ ... Robin's medical issues make an earlier return way too risky, because her immune system is extremely weak.

We're told doctors are pleased with her progress and say she's right on schedule, but that schedule puts her on the bench for 5 or 6 months ... something she's not crazy about but realizes is necessary.

Sources at GMA tell us ... the honchos are hoping that Robin can return as early as February, but we know that's not in the cards.

And speaking of cards ... we're told they're coming in by the truckload -- cards, emails, etc, wishing her well.  GMA honchos believe Robin's return will boost ratings for the show even higher, which can become problematic for the struggling "Today" show.

That Pop Life..yeah..

Get well Robin..

cindy

I wish Robin a healthy New Year and a speedy recovery! can't wait for GMA to kick some MORE Today Show A$$!!!

ThinStead

I hope she makes a full recovery. Our prayers are with her and her family.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

She was the only professional on the show. The rest of them are clowns. I switched to CBS in the morning after Robin was on leave. Not much better but at least the anchors aren't clowns.

Rlg

Good Luck with your recovery and return when you are able to enjoy good health!

Vee105

Get Well Soon! Stay strong, much luv to you and your family! Happy New Year Beautiful Lady!

ginny

Robin get well soon we all miss u very much!!!!!!

AmyBee

I'd like to know how Robin Quivers is doing, any updates with her mystery illness, TMZ? Will she return to the studio this week for a love Stern show?

Faith

Wishing her well and fast. Can't GMA big wheels, let her go on camera thru skype and do spots until she can come back. At least she would be on tv and GMA audiences would be very happy

pat

I don't want to be a schmuck or anything but I suspect someone is really milking this situation.

Her picture and stories are on a lot of sites and I can't think of who might be releasing all this stuff.

ABC - why?

GMA - ratings? Once again - Why?

That leaves her. The "Oh don't forget about me" angle. IMO I would want to be alone. Especially coming from a woman.

Sorry but I gotta call it like I see it.

Still, I wish her a speedy recovery.

LizzieBlueEyes

Well of course, I wish her good heath but I really really hate heron GMA. She isn't warm or feminine enough. You can also let that Josh and lara go. And NO KATIE COURIC EVER. I watch it cause I hate the today show but I'm still not loving it. If Today gets their act together, I'll be watching them again.

voiceofreason

TV execs suck. All they care about is ratings. If they have to wait too long for her to return, they will probably fire her.

Meg

I'm not religious, but, am really sending good thoughts to Robin. It's hard to see her face as she looks in rough shape. My husband survived stage 3 cancer 6 yrs. ago and .... well, he looked very similar. Sadly, he was killed in a plane crash the following year. I pray for Robin.

onecoolgrama

Take as long as you need. We will wait for you

acm

GMA can't sustain whatever they have going. Wish the Today show would start turning the corner. I'm a fan in pain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments