Photog's Last Call

He Absolutely Believed

Justin Was Smoking [AUDIO]

1/2/2013 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102_chris_car_accident_interview_last_word_article_launch
The last person to speak with the photog who was killed Tuesday following Justin Bieber's car tells TMZ ... Chris Guerra was quite sure Justin had been smoking pot while driving earlier in the day.

The person who spoke with Chris at 5:16 PM -- less than an hour before he was killed -- did not want us to use his name.  He's also a photog who took Chris under his wing, and says Chris was one of his closest friends.

He also says he believes Justin is partly to blame for Chris' death because of the singer's reckless driving history and alleged pot smoking which made it a big story to follow.

As for Miley Cyrus' comments, he says, "Good Christians that I know ... don't throw stones at people who get killed."

futuregamer

Just do it

tamara

Here's some trivia for ya. Isn't that the same area where Bill Cosby's son was shot while changing a tire? (talk about unrelated)

futuregamer

I think it was the big yellow stripe accross his windshield. Thats why he didnt see him

J

Not a Beiber fan by any means, but how anyone is trying to blame Justin for this is beyond me. 1) He wasn't driving; and 2) This guy who got killed didn't HAVE to follow him. I don't care how reckless someone drives, these photogs don't HAVE to follow them so closely. THEY CHOOSE TO.

Depending on where the photog was standing when he got hit, ****, HE might be the one to blame for his death. To blame the guy you were aggressively chasing is just a cop out and not wanting to own it because it was your buddy.

Christian, Catholic, Muslim, whatever. I've seen it a few times with my own eyes when a celebrity was doing something mundane like getting coffee. These photogs act like they've never been out of their house before and I'm surprised more haven't died or caused deaths. But to turn around and blame who you were trying to harass with your camera is complete nonsense.

Dear anonymous-friend-but-willing-to-name-drop-and-point-finger-guy, Justin didn't do anything here. Your buddy was either a victim of another driver or did something stupid and got in front of traffic. Sorry for your loss, but don't blame those not responsible.

rnkat

O.K., to preface this, RIP--I don't wish anyone 6 feet under. Now--how do "good Christians" throw blame on the object of stalking? So Justin Bieber just woke up and said "Hey, I think I'll smoke a bowl and drive in a high-profile car just to get some a-hole to follow me and hopefully get killed"? You chose your profession, dude.

Scott

I hope the driver who hit this douche bag is okay.

whateveryou

Not to be mean. It's a shame the boy died, but what difference does it make what he believed Justin was doing? I'm not a fan of JB's but...

futuregamer

I bet he didnt have michelin tires

hme82

I can't believe this guy is blaming Bieber for that dumbass getting hit by a car. I don't even like Bieber but even I know he didn't make him cross the street to take a picture. The guy chose that on his own. He's blaming him for doing things in his personal life for this guy making a bad decision. How about taking personal responsibility for your actions, instead of essentially saying "damn you Justin Bieber for being so interesting". Most paps haven't gotten hit by cars following Bieber or other celebrities. This is an isolated incident that the guy did himself. I can see why the source didn't want his name used, he makes himself sound like a real idiot.

R

Was the pap out in the street where cars drive by? And that's why he was run over? Yes and yes.

beachgal

Cops erred bigtime by telling the photog to run back across the FREEWAY. Hope the family sues LAPD/CHP or whomever; dumbazz cops.

John

This is idiotic and sad. Dying for Justin Bieber and LA pedestrian laws finding no guilt for murder? The pot story was made up. Bull.

Pre-school

TMZ Dude, were you smoking pot when you made that statement???

Phishie from Philly

How ironic. Chris Guerra friend who he spoke with who is also a photog wants to keep his name out of this. I hope the paps sworm him and expose him like he has done to others and like people he took under his wing and trained. Let me guess, his friend is going o want and sue as well. No one with a normal mind would ever blame JB. That's just lawyer talk. A way to sue for your own stupidity.
Phishie from Philly

zzyzx

I would like to thank this paparazzi for giving his life up for a good cause. He single handedly put a stop to the Kim K baby posts for one day. It was worth it, thank you!