Kris Allen

Seriously Injured

In Car Crash

1/2/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0102_kris_allen_instagram_hospital"American Idol" winner Kris Allen and his pregnant wife Katy were in a head-on collision car crash on New Year's Day.

Allen, Katy and their dog, Zorro, were all in the car.  Kris suffered a broken arm. Katy suffered some injuries. The dog is fine.

It's unclear how far along Katy is in her pregnancy, and there's no word if the accident had any impact on it.

Kris sounds optimistic about the baby though -- he tweeted, "Thank you @Ford for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family safe ... and the little one we have on the way safe."

Kris's mom, Kimberly, says Kris is in a lot of pain and may not play guitar for awhile.

0209_celebrity_injuries_tall_footer

yvonne

We are happy to hear that you,your wife and dog are all going to be okay. will miss your music in the mean time.Get well soon

Mary

"Serious injury"? A broken arm?? Sheesh.....I wonder what they'd write if he actually HAD a serious injury?

rdhmommy

Ford makes great cars..My husband had an accident in a Taurus and it saved his life as well. Thank you FORD employees!!!!

TheMovieStop@aol.com

As long as the dog is safe Who Cares about them!!!!

theron mote

another real no talent that won american idol, will go down like phillip phillips and ruben studdard. glad his wife baby and dog are fine, but who cares if he ever plays a guitar again......

kenblazed

What theron mote said...

jack

he looks like he saw a ghost

Kathy McGee

Kris my family and I are praying for you and Katy and the baby...I'm the lady that met you in D.C. at the Hyatt Reagency. I'm from Hot Springs, Ar. God Speed on your recovery. I'm glad Zorro is ok. Congrats on the baby. Kathy

fiona

The accident occurred on January 1st, not on New Year's Eve, WYATSPOPPA. (How strange that you just assumed he "took his pregnant wife out on New Year's Eve" -- what a very sexist statement). Also, it was a head-on collision, and their car was mangled, apparently beyond repair. Thus, even though the injuries weren't major, the accident was serious. I hate AI, but I've actually liked the music put out by Kris Allen & Chris Daughtry. Lambert's okay, I guess, but many people think HE shouldn't have made the top 5. Opinions are subjective, and mature people can respect the opinions of others.

Sue

Get well soon... glad everyone is safe.

theron mote

another winner of american idol that will go down like phillip phillips, ruben studdard, along with several other BS winners. Glad he,his wife, baby and dog are fine, but who cares if he ever plays guitar again. and whats with that picture? looks like a corn cobb was inserted somewhere.......

fiona

crojasr

Thank God the baby and the doggy are fine :)

Some Dude

Sounds like a new type of corporate sponsorship and free publicity for a singer without a career.

Larry Sawallish

I would like to know who the s*** is that took this photo, obviously this was taken at the scene while he is on a stretcher and what are the ethics of tmz publishing this. Disgusting behavior!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments