'Buckwild' Stars

Don't Compare

Us to 'Jersey Shore'

1/4/2013 10:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0104_buckwild_videoThey're both reality shows on MTV that feature a subculture of America doing crazy things on camera and bringing notoriety to their region ... but the stars of the new show "Buckwild" say they're nothing like their "Jersey Shore" counterparts.

Our photog caught up with two of the show's stars, Shain Gandee and Shae Bradley, yesterday in NYC ... fresh off the premiere of their show, which is set in the backwoods of West Virgina.

When our photog asked how "Buckwild" compares to the now-complete "Jersey Shore" ... Shae was quick to kill any comparison: "We don't [compare]. They're both reality shows. We're both just living our lives, but they're not alike at all."

Seeing as the majority of the cast of "JS" made millions off their sudden fame ... perhaps Shae should re-consider.

zioncheck

These are cool people. What're you yuppies crying about? I'll take them over a New Yorker any day of the week.

Tony H.

These kids are about as "real" as original veejay contest winner Jesse Camp was--trust me, I worked there. They've either been told ahead of time what "roles" they're to play--that of a redneck--or they've figured out (probably through obvious suggestion) that MTV wants them to "play" a stereotype role and that's what they're doing. There is about as much "real" about these guys as "Amish Mafia."

KimKnLohanRSlutbags

I need my Daily Lohan Post Fix!!!!!!

CLINT

Never saw this show and never will. If this is what people see as entertainment these days, I'd rather read a good book.

BB not bb

Eh I am not impressed. People from West Virginia seem kind of stuck up and arrogant, even though they are hicks. They are not fun like the Honey Boo Boo people or cool like the Jersey Shore people. I don't think this show is going to be that great.

DaveT

♪♪ country roooooads...take me hoooome...to the place...I beeeeelong...west virginia...mountain momma...take me hoooome ♫♪

DTD

Where do I sign up to get paid $1000s of dollars a week to act like a moron?

DTD

Where do I sign up to get paid $1000s of dollars a week to act like a moron?

DTD

Where do I sign up to get paid $1000s of dollars a week to act like a moron?

Carrie

i refuse to watch these dirty redneck idiots

BB not bb

I watched the first two episodes cause they compared it to JS and it sounded like HBB. I will say it is marginally watchable. I ddin't feel drawn in right away like I did with the other two shows. It does seem kind of fake also, but I wouldn't know since I don't have much experience with that area. But who really drags out a professional and large block sign that says Dump Truck Pool Party when they are swimming in a dump truck?

There is a little bit of drama there. I think that girl Cara really likes Shain because of his personality, but she feels like she has to like Tyler because of his looks. It seems like there are alot of spiteful women around there. The scenery is really nice though.

S E E

Women are cheating all over the place, nowadays! (Leann Rimes, Coco/IceT, Kristen Stewart, Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton, Rita Ora/Kardashian, Petraeus women)

My latest book, "I Steal Wives: A serial adulterer reveals the REAL reasons more and more 'happily married' women are cheating" is a powerful look at this EXPLOSIVE topic of female infidelity.

This is not a ‘nice’ book in any way, whatsoever. It is HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL: you’ll either love it or HATE it! It will bring up stuff you don’t want to think about or look at! Hate the author for a big ego and being so immoral, but the insights you’ll learn about relationships and women are pure gold! And let’s be honest, we’ve all heard the same relationship advice for years, even decades.

WE’RE ALL LOOKING FOR FRESH NEW ADVICE FOR OUR RELATIONSHIPS, but no one has a new perspective and new insights, until now!

The book is the FIRST BOOK EVER WRITTEN on female infidelity from the FIRST-HAND, insider experience of a serial adulterer, who cheated with the wives/girlfriends of over 25 married men (and a few women)! "I Steal Wives" is a salacious, self-deprecating, and penetratingly insightful look into what is now the cutting-edge of relationships.

It's the relationship version of "How to Secure Your House, as told by a professional burglar!" This is no joke. It’s that rare relationship book that’s written in guy language and guy stories. And the raw truths of “I Steal Wives” will forever change how you do relationships and understand women, especially if you are one!

You can check it out at Amazon!

BB not bb

The whole situation with the crazy black neighbor trying to pick a fight constantly seemed unreal yet real. I can't tell which it is. That was some extreme complaining over nothing. Then it was kind of hilarious when the redneck kid got rid of her by telling her she looked sexy and hugging her. I am wondering how for real that is, but it is so weird, maybe it is real.

Then just because of her they are given five days to move out. That makes no sense either. They just took off and got a better place, but that whole scene was kind of hard to believe. I know JS is hard for people to believe but alot of it was pretty accurate.

KanyeWest

Good show

ItsMeSaraC

The show is so fake. Seriously. The neighbor was hired by MTV. The cast members were made to do scenes over and over to the producer's satisfaction. Places that they showed as being "Sissonville" were really shots of a town called Poca. It's about 30 minutes away. Not even close. I live about 10 miles from the area and I can tell you that people like that are few and far between. So for people thinking that all of us in West Virginia act like that.. I've got news for you. We don't.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments