Honey Boo Boo

First Redneck

TRUS' FUND BABY!!

1/6/2013 4:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0105-honey-boo-boo-june-splashHoney Boo Boo is already the most famous redneck, and now she's set up to be the richest when she hits 21 ... courtesy of a trust fund set up by Mama June.

June tells TMZ ... the lion's share of earnings from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" (a cool $15k - $20k per episode) is being equally divided into funds for all 5 girls ...  Alana "HBB" Thomson (7), Lauryn (12), Jessica (15) and Anna (18) and baby Kaitlyn.

June says the little stars can't touch the cash until they turn 21 -- except in case of medical emergencies or using it for school -- saying, "I want my kids to look back and say, 'Mama played it smart. Not like those other reality TV people.'"

In fact, June tells us she never even sees the coin ... "TLC puts the money into the girls' trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets."

June added ... "You're never gonna see me drive a Range Rover or a Mercedes. I'll drive one if someone else pays for it. Never gonna live above my means."

As for their means ... Mama June says Sugarbear still rakes in cash from his contractor job, which is how they pay the bills.

The family's only major purchase since suddenly becoming famous is a Ford Expedition ... a 2005.

0105-honey-boo-boo-clan

You can check out the whole fam Sunday night on TLC for the Honey Boo Boo HOLLaday Special.

Edmond O'Neill

Exercise: Put the "Boo-Boo" family photo next to several from any Tea Party demonstration. Try to tell the difference.

whatstheTee

The show is hilarious and sometimes down right strange, but Mama June has her head on straight. Keep on keeping on!

Soccergirl

They are kinda gross and everything but I think that's a very responsible thing to do as a mother for her children! I don't like the show but I like what he is doing now for her children and grandchild

whateveryou

Sometimes the ones you would think had very little sense have a much more than the goofballs judging them. Can't imagine Kris Kardashian thinking she's smarter than June. Her lifestyle may be different , but at least I can respect June. K K strikes me as phony & uable to see beyone her own nose.

Bea

Better to put money in a 529 Plan per www.savingforcollege.com because when the children grow up they could blow it all on other things like a expensive car or drugs instead of an education.

Carolan

I totally respect this mother looking out for her kids! I wish more moms, famous or not, were like this ...

jokerchick

June's biggest issue is her extremely poor eating habits that she's passing along to her kids (I see a "let's get June in shape" series coming soon) but that aside, she's a much better mother than Pimp Mama, White Oprah and the rest of these lame @$$ "stage mom's" that would sell their kids for a pack of Camels and $10k

Sashatree

For people saying how they're gonna be "as rich as the Kardashian''s" and whatever..... this is NOT a lot of money we're talking about.... Do the Math!!

Based on an average of $17K per episode (per rates being paid cited in the article) times 13 episodes a season = $221,000 divided 5 ways = 44,200 PER PERSON PER SEASON. If these slobs make it through 4 seasons, I'd be amazed. So at best...perhaps $176,800 each (based on 4 seasons), taxed at 35% (less $61,880) leaves $114,920 each. At least they don't have to worry about spending that money on college tuition though........

Ali

That is Awsume! I love the fact she is taking care of her kids and not taking advantage and living off their success like the Kardashian mom and Lindsey Lohan's mom! You go mama June!!!

Amy

Good for them. They're doing it right. :)

Hawkzfan21

I have never seen the show, but have been aware of it and the family for awhile. I have always been disgusted by them in interviews and on the web, but it seems as though I may have judged June prematurely. Is it possible that they are emphasizing their accents and their redneck lifestyle for the success of the show? It seems as though June is far smarter than most would give her credit for, and I am thoroughly impressed by her smart move in establishing trust funds for these girls. For all the people saying it doesn't matter and that she will try to access the money at some point--if that were the case, she wouldn't have TLC be directly funding the trusts, and would instead receive the checks herself and take whatever money she wanted to. I find it especially admirable that she isn't even having TLC fund a retirement account or something for her and Sugar Bear; she is putting it all away for the girls. I wish my money-management skills were up to her level!!

Hawkzfan21

Oh, and every one saying that the kids will probably just blow the money on stupid stuff, like drugs, need to shut up. Generally, children learn financial skills from their parents, so I am assuming these children will be very frugal and responsible once they have access to their trusts. Because there is a provision in their trusts that allows them to access their money for education, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them will choose to spend the money on college at 18.

Amy

Okay, I have not given these people enough credit, obviously! I was so put off by their behavior and bumpkin-ness that they just left a bad taste in my mouth. But, now, reading this changes things a bit. Still not interested in watching the show, I was raised in the deep south so it's like bad mental scars from childhood coming out all over again. But I have serious respect for this Mama June person, now. But, then again, I'm not surprised by her money decisions. Everyone assumes poor folks are bad with money, it's just that we've never had any. If I suddenly got rich, I would hang onto it, too.

gothictruth22

thats jest more of mamas junes control over her kids she uses her daughter as a cash cow then keeps the money from them, she is a bad parent who jest uses her kids to get what she wants very bad mother no-mater what

TIMETOGO2012

Does anyone think the reason the mother is putting $$ in trust funds is because she is not married and each child has a different father & it would cut out their welfare payments & food stamps on each one of them if they started being paid for this show & now the 15 yo daughter has a baby that will be getting wellfare now, that's why it goes directly into a trust fund. The mama is smart alright, smart like a fox. The reason she won't marry boo boo's daddy is because she does not work she is on the welfare system. Be interesting to know because she looks like she is able to work, but she admits she is lazy. Now the show is having to bleep out her bad profanty she uses in front of the 6 yo. Sends the wrong message