Justin Bieber

Party With Me ...

I Own You

1/7/2013 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0106_JUSTIN_BIEBER_COMPOSITE3Justin Bieber's people have smartly tried to contain the teenage singer's hijinks by attempting to make it clear to anyone who parties with him ... any pictures snapped are automatically the property of Justin.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Justin's people routinely place a sign in places where Justin parties -- a sign that says any and all photos taken at the party do NOT belong to the people who took them -- they all belong to JB.

It's a literal and figurative sign of the concern Justin's people are showing for a famous teenager with a penchant for risk-taking.

As for the photos taken last week in that Newport Beach Hotel room showing Justin smoking a blunt, our sources say if there was a sign it wasn't obvious ... because the people who took pictures saw nothing.

In addition to signage, we're told Justin's security people are supposed to "manage" private situations like the one in the hotel room, but apparently security didn't do its job ... or they've been co-opted by Justin.

0104-justin-bieber-smoking-1-tmz-2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kobe_No_Means_No

Bieber seems like a nice kid whenever I see him interacting with fans. Not sure why TMZ's always running smear campaign. I guess it pays.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Another non-story to ride the publicity wave created by an idiot photographer that got himself killed, and to get a little payback on Bieber for it. #LAME

Justin Bieber

I'm pathetic and need to stop being so ****y... given the fact that I have NO Grammy's or no #1's. I'm just an untalented douche with music producers.

Marilyn

He is the Devil's spawn!

psycho nurse

Who cares if he smokes a little weed? It is a natural herb and no one has ever ODed or wrapped a car around a tree after use. It should be legalized and taxed. All the closet stoners would take a huge slice out of the national debt if weed were legalized. Not to mention how much time and effort it would save law enforcement from not having to bust all the little marijuana dealers so they could focus on hard core criminals. Oh yeah and I could stop taking my anti depressants and chill the old fashioned way :) OK...rant over. Go Beiber lol

saida mahoney

I love Justin Bieber I'm a BELIEBER still I don't care what happens I'm not a hater. I care about Justin Bieber so much I'm proud to be a BELIEBER.

tgrfan42069

i hate to be the bearer of bad news.but if someone snaps a pic of him he doesnt own the rights.not to mention a sign holds no bearing in court

TN Consultant

Seriously? It would help of TMZ could comment on any legal effects a SIGN actually has without a signed consent from party-goers. Anybody can post a sign saying anything, but that doesn't mean it would hold up in court and in every state.

Ashley

this is becoming crazier by the min
jb grow up...
no they own the picture they take with their camera..

The Ghost of John Lennon

When we did A “Hard Day’s Night,” I was
on pills, that’s drugs, that’s bigger drugs than pot. Started on pills
when I was 15, no, since I was 17, since I became a musician. The only
way to survive in Hamburg, to play eight hours a night, was to take
pills. The waiters gave you them — the pills and drink. I was a ****ing
dropped-down drunk in art school. “Help” was where we turned on to pot
and we dropped drink, simple as that. I’ve always needed a drug to
survive. The others, too, but I always had more, more pills, more of
everything because I’m more crazy probably. Everybody wants Justin's "Clean Image" to carry on. Just like they wanted that *****ing "Moptop" Image of ours to carry on. You want to carry on.
The press around too, because they want the free drinks and the free
whores and the fun; everybody wants to keep on the bandwagon. We were
the Caesars; who was going to knock us, when there were a million pounds
to be made? All the handouts, the bribery, the police, all the ****ing
hype. Everybody wanted in, that’s why some of them are still trying to
cling on to this: Don’t take Rome from us, not a portable Rome where we
can all have our houses and our cars and our lovers and our wives and
office girls and parties and drink and drugs, don’t take it from us,
otherwise you’re mad, John, you’re crazy, silly John wants to take this
all away.

girl unimpressed

they can put up all the signs they want, it doesn't change the fact that any photos taken belong to the person who took them. clearly his lawyers and handlers are counting on people being too stupid to know copyright law.

Tammy LM

I agree with a previous poster. It doesn't matter if you put up a neon flashing sign. People who are around him and snap pictures have the right to do whatever they want with those pictures. He may be a celebrity but he's not GOD. He doesn't have the right to own every photograph taken of him at all times. If he doesn't want someone taking pictures of him doing things that make him look bad, he does have a few choices here.

a. don't let people with cameras hang out with you.

or b. don't do the things that will make you look bad in front of a crowd. Simple as that. But don't think you can walk around everywhere in this world and see someone take a picture of you and say "hand over that photo." because you don't have the legal rights. The only way you own the rights to a photo is if you paid for it, or you took it yourself kid.

woodin

JB owns the pics, good luck with that one in court!

Rob

Fast forward 5 years....another spoiled rotten Lindsey Lohan clone....not sure there is a gender difference either.

spreading truth