Lindsay Lohan

Dodges Legal Bullet ...

For Now

1/7/2013 7:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1214_lindsay_lohan_01Lindsay Lohan was a no-show in a NYC courtroom this morning for her nightclub assault case -- but, luckily for her ... prosecutors delayed the proceedings.

Lohan was scheduled to make her first court appearance for the nightclub fight she got into with a woman back in November. LiLo allegedly punched the woman in her face, then got arrested (below) and booked for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault.

This morning prosecutors announced, "The investigation into this case is continuing."

Good thing, since Lindsay never made it to the courthouse, and it was touch and go if she'd make it anyway ... since she's been hanging in London for the last week.

0107_lindsay_arrest_video
Attorney Mark Heller -- who says he's representing Linds -- was there and claims she's "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame." He also said a psychic told Lindsay Lohan she will have a great 2013 ... so there's that.

0107_lindsay_lawyer_video

sterlingguys

typical tmz, if they had enough evidence for sure they would charge lilo.

looks to me they are checking up on tiffany mitchell. btw tmz, lilo is in ny.

Grandma Cracker

A brand new year, and another legal bullet for Lindsay. Way to go! These positive stories have just been rolling since the new year.

LISA

Wait a minute ... TMZ, you told us she would DEFINITELY be attending court this morning and IF SHE FAILED to attend, a WARRANT would be issued. Harvey, you really need to explain this better...was she or wasn't she ordered to attend court?

Sandy

they must still think they have a case and may still charge her if they are still investigating or they would have dismissed the case already

backfire

I think this time LL's attorney is correct. That woman suing LL had no right to enter her space ...what? to ask if she wanted her fortune read ? please. the woman was dressed in her best clothes in bev hills the next day to have paps take photo's of her.

verlinda

What else is new?

Alia

and yet another excuse apparently little Lindsay isn't responsible for her violence because she watched Daddy abuse Momma Blo growing up this family will will lower themselves to the 9th ring of hell for their precious "child" tell me exactly when does she grow up?

This is why Lindsay is 'SCREWED UP': Dina Lohan's shocking domestic abuse accusations
Mother of troubled star alleges ex-husband phyically assaulted her wile LiLo 'saw beatings

There's no escaping this parent trap.
Troubled star Lindsay Lohan is a mess because she grew up witnessing a violent marriage marred by abuse and a rape, said mom Dina Lohan, who claims her ex-husband physically assaulted her during their 22-year union.
Dina made the explosive allegations in a interview at a Long Island hotel, armed with police and medical reports to back up her claims.
Michael Lohan vehemently denied assaulting or raping his ex-wife when reached at home Sunday night and questioned her motives in coming forward now with “evil lies” about decades-old events.
Dina, a slender, 50-year-old former dancer, said: “Lindsay saw her dad abuse me — that’s why she’s so screwed up.”

The mom, who spent the holidays partying in London with her flame-haired daughter, said a family photo gave her the courage to finally share the abuse she allegedly endured during her marriage, which ended in divorce in 2007. “Michael beat the hell out of me,” Dina said, of the 1986 incident memorialized in a family snapshot of the young mother holding her baby girl — Lindsay — while sporting a huge purple bruise under her right eye.
“When Lindsay saw the photo, she was furious,” said Dina. “She said, ‘Tell the world! Talk about it!’ ”
According to Dina, Lindsay was affected by all that she saw as a child — and she’s not to blame for her faltering career or oddball antics.
“She saw a lot of crazy stuff. I want the world to know the root of her problems,” said the mother of four.
Dina said she got the bruise during a night out with Michael while baby Lindsay stayed home.
They dined at an upscale restaurant in Cold Spring Harbor, and as the night progressed, so did Michael’s drinking and coke-snorting, Dina said.
“When we left he was drunk-driving and suddenly he started screaming, ‘Get the f--- out of the car!’ ” she recalled.
That’s when her ex-husband punched her in the face with his clenched fist, bruising her cheek below the right eye, she claimed.
Dina called her parents, who brought her to a Long Island hospital. Medical records show that Dina was treated for “blunt trauma” to the face on Dec. 4, 1986.

Micheal recalled the incident quite differently. “I came in at 2 o’clock in the morning after being out with some friends. I walked in and she hit me with an ice tray. With the back of my hand I slapped her in the face. Yes, it did happen in 1986. Were there any charges? No, not at all. I had a big black and blue on my neck from her,” he told The News.
Dina claims that was the first of several assaults that occurred until her husband, a Wall Street broker, was jailed in 1987 for 90 days on a securities fraud charge.
Dina said she didn’t press charges after the assault because he was already headed for the slammer.
The violence ruined a relationship that once had been built on real love, she said. She was a 19-year-old singer and dancer swept off her feet by the brash young trader she met at the Surf Club in New York City.

But almost as soon as they married, Michael’s darker side emerged, she claimed.
“Michael was addicted to cocaine, like most stockbrokers back then. He had a lot of bad stuff going on,” Dina said.
By 1990, Michael Lohan was out of jail but facing more charges related to insider trading, and Dina was living with her children in her parents’ home. The two were estranged, with Michael allegedly partying with models almost every night. Dina said her strong Catholic beliefs prevented her from getting a divorce.
Those beliefs helped her survive what she said was a rape by her husband on Feb. 14, 1990.
She said she was at her parents’ home with her kids on that day. Michael Lohan showed up in a limo.

“He was out of jail and on another coke-fueled night,” said Dina.
According to her, Michael tried to convince her to take him back. “He said, ‘I love you and I want to be with you,’ but then it went dark. It went dark really quick,” said Dina.
She said Michael Lohan raped her as her children slept.
“[They] were sleeping, and I just knew I had to stay quiet — I don’t want to wake them,” she said.
When her parents came home later, they insisted Dina go to the hospital.
According to Nassau County Hospital medical records, Dina did go to the ER to report a rape. She was examined by doctors and her clothes and other evidence was gathered in a rape kit.

Notes on the report indicate doctors called the police and also a coalition for abused women.
Dina never pressed charges, she said, because once again, her husband was already on his way to jail.
This time it was a more serious charge — tied to insider trading — and he did three years before getting released.
Michael called Dina’s version of events revisionist history, insisting that their sex was consensual.
He said Dina invited him to her parents’ house personally and took the lead with their intercourse in a first-floor bedroom.
“How can you rape a person when they’re on top of you?” he asked.
They were separated at the time, Michael explained, and he was dating another woman.
He said Dina claimed rape in a jealous fit after she called him later that night and heard he was with the girlfriend.
“I went over to her parents’ house and made love to her,” he said Sunday. “When I left and she called me, she found out I was with (the girlfriend) and called police. Then she called me the next day, crying. I said, ‘Let’s work this out.’ And I got back with Dina. There were no charges.”

Dina claimed other instances of abuse as well but said she stayed for the sake of her kids.
“Lindsay saw all the beatings and all the abuse. She said, ‘Stay, mommy, don’t leave,’ ” said Dina.
Recently, Dina said, her adult daughter expressed regret for those words.
“She said, ‘I’m so sorry for making you stay.’ But I didn’t stay for Lindsay — I wanted all my kids to be happy,” said Dina.

According to Dina, the abuse is why she got an order of protection against him in 1987, one of several she would get over the next 12 years.
“Like many victims of domestic violence and rape, I was embarrassed and afraid. I was very young . . . I thought I could keep fixing him,” Dina said.
She said she came forward now to “set the record straight. I need to make the world aware that Lindsay is messed up because her father is messed up.”
Michael said he believes Dina is seeking cover from criticism of her own parenting decisions.
“She’s bringing this up now because she’s drinking and partying with Lindsay. And she keeps robbing Lindsay,” he said, claiming that his actress daughter is his ex-wife’s main source of income. “She is the devil.”
Lindsay, who has her share of legal problems, is expected to appear in Manhattan Criminal Court Monday to see if she’ll face charges for a catfight she got into with a Florida palm reader in a Chelsea nightclub’s VIP room in November.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/lindsay-screwed-dina-lohan-shocking-domestic-abuse-confession-article-1.1234632#ixzz2HJCciaiH

Its Nikki Bitches

I LOVE THAT VIDEO

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

i COULD WATCH IT ALL DAY AND LAUGH MY ASS OFF

THANK YOU, LYING LINDSAY !!!

Mayu

She'll get off. She always does. Maybe they should lock her up for her own sake. Addicts usually need to hit rock bottom before they feel like the really have to change their lives. When people keep rewarding her for bad behavior and not punishing her for committing crimes... what's the incentive to shape up? put her in jail for more than a few hours... put her in for months... and she'll hopefully learn that lesson she needs to learn to save her life.

Its Nikki Bitches

LMFAO, Nassau county police arming a hotel so Dina Lohan can give a interveiw from a hotel to The Daily News

This story is just like the interview Dina gave on Dr. Phil

Dina Lohan your lies are HILARIOUS !!!

Gretel

I don't see why they're even going to bother. Lindsay has sold her soul to satan and will walk. Guaranteed.

taz

I don't doubt people try to make a buck when a train wreck like Lindsay presents the opportunity, but unless the woman she punched ran into her fist I don't see how she is looking for her 15 min.

Its Nikki Bitches

This case is delayed because the DA wants her probation to be revoked before they go after her.Its only a week away. What a smart DA

Ivan in Phoenix

SSDD...

sterlingguys

what some of you don't get is that there are people out there ready to scam celebrities, lilo is a walking lawsuit. remember the hookha bar manager? a scam! remember the chef in ny hit & run? a scam! now this fortune teller, another scam.

you can be sure if there is evidence lilo would have been charged TODAY. i believe no charges will be made and it will be dismissed, i can't say the same about tiffany mitchell, maybe the da is thinkin about chargin her for making a false report.