« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Miss Alabama Katherine Webb

'Flattered'

By Smitten BCS Announcer

1/8/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108_miss_alabama_espn
If you watched last night's BCS championship game ... you know announcer Brent Musburger was a little OBSESSED with AJ McCarron's super hot GF Katherine Webb (and rightfully so).

But despite some serious criticism following the game (people were calling him "creepy") ... Webb tells TMZ she was actually "flattered" by her 73-year-old admirer.

After hearing about Musburger's barrage of compliments (he encouraged kids to learn how to play QB so they could also score chicks like Webb) ... Katherine tells us, "I laughed hysterically. I was flattered ... and slightly embarrassed ... but I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I never expected that."

She adds, "I've been reading on Twitter that Musburger had backlash that he's 'Creepy' ... if I were to see him I would say, 'I don’t think you're creepy at all!'"

Webb tells us the exposure has been great for her social media presence -- "I had 2,300 followers on Twitter yesterday ... in the past 24 hours, I have gained over 125,000."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sophiastormy

She wanted the spotlight... she will break up soon and move to Hollywood

sean

I've heard so many Brent Musburger broadcasts where he's clearly drunk or has been drinking. This instance is surely a case where he hit up the minibar before the game. I can't believe they don't make him get that under control.

s_megma

Damn, she's smoking. AJ got a BJ after the game.

Elle

Uh oh, watch out AJ McCarron - now that she's famous she may leave you for The Sheenius or other famous, rich guys. :)

Great Musburger, now we'll have to see and hear about her everywhere.

Riidonkulous

She's a supervisor of recruits at chic fil a. V religious... Heard it on the radio on my way to work, had to see who they were talking ab, she's pretty but reminds me of nicki Hilton.

Menace to society

Give Brent credit that call of her being hot was the best play of the game

KINGofRESEDA

OREGON would have smashed Alabama. BCS screwed that opp all up. Norte Damn had no business being there.

hunter

Nice looking but plastered too much makeup.

puhleez

She's all right. Musberger should have said, "but of course, I find 70 year old women on oxygen just as appealing." Political correctness you know

puhleez

She's all right. There's nothing wrong with saying a woman is beautiful, no matter how old you are. Let's face it, they peak around 20-25 tops and then it's fat city.

Twilightstar

There's nothing wrong with what he said. It's very nice and complementary.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4