Alleged Sandy Hook Copycat

Threatens to Target L.A.

Kindergarteners for Death

1/8/2013 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108_kyle_sub
The 24-year-old man who threatened to commit Sandy Hook type crimes in L.A. claimed he was hell-bent on leaving "dead kindergartners" in his wake ... yet he will not be prosecuted.

Kyle Bangayan posted threats on Facebook the same day as the Newtown shooting ... and claimed he was targeting L.A. schools ... this according to a search warrant obtained by TMZ.

Kyle allegedly wrote, "No really America, if you post one more Facebook post about the shooting at that elementary school, I swear to whatever f**king god you believe in that I will do the same goddamn thing."

The rant continues, "I have the guns, I have the incentive, and I won't commit suicide at the end, I'll just go to the next f**king school and the next and the next ..."

And he goes on ... "So I woke up this morning and said to myself ... Dang you know [what] would be really awesome right now ... some dead kindergarteners ... and Christmas early."

Kyle was arrested in L.A. after a tipster told the LAPD about the online threats -- and when cops searched his bedroom (at his parents house) they found six semi-auto handguns, two rifles and one shotgun.

Now for the kicker.  Kyle was released and the L.A. County D.A. said no charges would be filed, because the threats were not specific.

A little unsettling .... don't you think?

Bilderberg1776

I think its fair to say -I. am ready to relinquish the rest of the false sense of liberties we think we have so we can send these human pieces of squat to hell.Be crazy but lets start the mobs that hang these aholes without a fair trial or rights that our forefathers never wanted baby killers to be protected by.A computer screen should not give you the right to be cowardly twisted joke or not.Save the babies eliminate him the as a threat

Iliana Hernandez

WTFFF they better have taken away the guns. this kid seems ****ing psycho. If I hear a tragedy like this happening in my hometown I swear I will protest til the death of me.

Tax

They tell us not enough people stand up and report threats, but when some does report it they don't do anything about it? Where is the "F'ing " NRA ? why don't they jump up and down and help get a nut case off the street.

Pockets

I think instead of taking his guns, they should confiscate all his weeaboo merch.

nocturnal stars

4chan...please find this kid.

AlwaysOnTimeB

Are we supposed to wait until he makes a list with names/dates/locations? Clink, clink is the only sound this kid should be hearing from the jail cell closing and locking behind him. Crazy MF'r!!

BellaJ

As a parent I have to say I find that to be extremely disturbing!!! WTF is wrong with people???

lachiavola

No charges, wow! How about for the parents for letting their son have over 5 guns "in his bedroom?"

kitnplayn

Somebody needs to bump this guy before he bumps your kids.

Bea

who does he work for?

BB not bb

So did he have all of those guns legally? I think maybe he was just saying what he did as a joke, as in hyperbole. LIke saying, if I hear one more story on this, I'm going to kill myself. People used to say things like that as a form of emphasis, not as a literal threat.

On the other hand, maybe threats are being downplayed in the hope of more shootings taking place so that guns can be confiscated and a foreign power allowed to take over the country. I really thing that it is better to have more guns around than less.

Pam

Everyone in California needs to call their Senstors, councilmen and police until this family is held accountable!! The FBI investigated a man from Indiana because he had aI'Bahma mask hung from a rope for Halloween, yet this disturbed child has no consequence's!!! WTF!!!!

Pam

Sorry for the typo, was so angry and my iPhone screen is cracked!

LISA

There is a lot of confusion regarding this story. This man was one of MANY who made on-line threats the weekend of the Newtown shootings.

TMZ failed to mention this is an old news article. Anyone wanting to know more about this and the other people who made similiar threats on or around December 17, 2012, please google LA Times Kyle Bangayan. Below is a section from one of the Dec 17 LA times articles:

Authorities seized nine guns from an East Hollywood home where a 24-year-old man was arrested after allegedly posting on Facebook a threat of shootings at multiple elementary schools, police said.

Kyle Bangayan, 24, of Pomona, was arrested Sunday at his parents' home in the 1200 block of North New Hampshire Avenue, the Los Angeles Police Department said. He was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats and held on $500,000 bail.

Los Angeles police officers and FBI agents found the weapons — rifles, a shotgun and multiple handguns — along with ammunition, the LAPD said. It was not immediately known to whom the guns belonged.

A search of Bangayan's home in Pomona turned up no weapons or other "related evidence," authorities said.

Riidonkulous

Do not let your children go to school in LA until this monster is locked up and guns seized!! Never report this again unless its his arrest or demise. S***.