Alleged Sandy Hook Copycat

Threatens to Target L.A.

Kindergarteners for Death

1/8/2013 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0108_kyle_sub
The 24-year-old man who threatened to commit Sandy Hook type crimes in L.A. claimed he was hell-bent on leaving "dead kindergartners" in his wake ... yet he will not be prosecuted.

Kyle Bangayan posted threats on Facebook the same day as the Newtown shooting ... and claimed he was targeting L.A. schools ... this according to a search warrant obtained by TMZ.

Kyle allegedly wrote, "No really America, if you post one more Facebook post about the shooting at that elementary school, I swear to whatever f**king god you believe in that I will do the same goddamn thing."

The rant continues, "I have the guns, I have the incentive, and I won't commit suicide at the end, I'll just go to the next f**king school and the next and the next ..."

And he goes on ... "So I woke up this morning and said to myself ... Dang you know [what] would be really awesome right now ... some dead kindergarteners ... and Christmas early."

Kyle was arrested in L.A. after a tipster told the LAPD about the online threats -- and when cops searched his bedroom (at his parents house) they found six semi-auto handguns, two rifles and one shotgun.

Now for the kicker.  Kyle was released and the L.A. County D.A. said no charges would be filed, because the threats were not specific.

A little unsettling .... don't you think?

Bruno

Leave it to L.A. Cops to let THIS go, too. The guy needs to be strung up by his favorite appendage.

Susan62509

A 24 year old holding his doll? Hopefully Facebook banned him from their site. Since police went to his house a report is on file at the LAPD and this little POS will be monitored everywhere he goes by police. They will lay in wait for him. He threatened the school districts and I guess the LAPD needs specific's by reading the toe-tags of children. There HAS to be more to this story than what is being revealed.

Cindy Tinnes

He did gives specifics...he said all of them!! Said that he would go from school to school so that means every single school was a target!! Duhhh this is an outrage!!

Carl

I don't blame the DA. This is one of the down sides of freedom of speech. However, the upside of the 1st Amendment far outweighs the down side. Hopefully his parents will start paying attention to what he is doing.

Nigeria

America is a joke

amy

98% of mass murders are committed by homophobic males

DaveT

....but at least they caught that criminal Thomas Gibson for driving through a blocked off area

lynkel

Whoa....this kids gonna do it. I hope they have someone watching him. Can we have our armed forces back home so they can protect the american children. This should be a mandatory thing. A lot of military find it hard to get work after discharged....do this, they stay employed and our kids are safe.

Quinn

And this folks is why you should be able to beat your kids.

Andrew0809

Wow

Killmonokill

It's obviously just a empty juvinile threat blown way out of proportion...

Bravo600

How come it is illegal to say the word “bomb” in an airport, even as a joke, but it is not illegal to say I want to massacre children when you live near a school?

Kàt

hell yes there something seriously wrong here. What are they waiting for? Must someone die before they take action? Obviously a very sick individual and should be taken in for at least a mental evaluation.

t.r.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! All this does is reinforce this type of idiotic behavior in others. This is absolutely disgusting.

Jess

I'd like to shoot a whole bunch of people too, doesn't mean I'm going to act on it. Good ol' 'merica.