Thomas Gibson

DUI Arrest Video

'STOP RESISTING'

1/8/2013 11:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

010813_thomas_gibson_launch
It took 5 fully-grown police officers to wrestle "Dharma & Greg" star Thomas Gibson to the ground during his DUI bust in L.A. this weekend ... and TMZ has the crazy arrest video.

We broke the story ... cops believe an intoxicated Gibson tried to drive his Audi SUV through a part of downtown L.A. that had been sectioned off for a nighttime half-marathon around 1 AM on Sunday morning.

At that point, all of the officers on scene rush toward Gibson and manhandle him to the ground as he yells, "Why?! Why!?"

While Gibson is on the ground, he can be heard telling the cops, "I am NOT resisting ... I am NOT resisting!"

After Gibson is successfully placed in cuffs, the cops help him up and escort him away from his vehicle.

Gibson was eventually taken to a nearby station where he was booked for DUI -- and was released later that day on $15,000 bail.

Jdawg

I would feel like such a ass if a Bike Cop arrested me.

DeeMaree

Omg who filmed that? My seven year old grandson can do better than that.

FlamingoNut

Um, yeah, great video...

KnuckleDragger

-The footage begins with Gibson standing next to his car speaking with police ... when a bike cop arrives to the scene and screams for the actor to, "Get on the ground, NOW!"-

F*CK YOU! You get on the ground!

Stace.

My poor Hotch!!!! ),:

LISA

LOL! That was the worst footage EVER! The bike cop got all tough once he realized there were 5 'fully grown' cops to back him up? Good thing the cops were full grown, otherwise they would be tween cops!

I'm sorry TMZ, the digs were too hard to resist. I think Apple should come out with a phone camera zoom lens ... then everyone could be part-time paparazzi!

Simone

Is there EVER a time when cops don't use unnecessary force? I mean, this is ridiculous. He's just STANDING there. I'd hardly call that "resisting".

Quinn

Cops are such tools.

Tracy

It didn't so much "take" five officers to bring him down, as much as "five officers decided to jump on the bandwagon." I'm pretty sure that was completely unnecessary.

cochino

LA should stop having these stupid marathons like every weekend. That will solve problems like this.

Janeylaur

I can see the little bikey policeman's light still flashing, other than that weak footage.

JJ

Typical Hollyweird; I'm NOT a real cop but I play one and have NO respect for the real ones.

WHAT A JERK WEED......

Lucy

Five cops, including a bicycle cop? Pathetic--go Thomas!!

Boing!

When Barney Fife shows up you know you are in trouble. Remain calm all is well!

DaveT

Your tax dollars at work, typical of these type of bully-wanna-be cops who become cops so they can carry around guns and tasers and force people to obey them...and gang up and rough them up.
"Get down on the ground!"...."F-ck you bitch I pay your salary you work for me".
If only :D