« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Katherine Webb

ESPN Should NOT Have

Apologized for Ogling

1/9/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Webb -- the GF of Alabama star QB A.J. McCarron -- says ESPN had no reason to issue an apology for Brent Musburger's televised swooning during the BCS Championship game ... because the comments were nothing but flattering.

Webb appeared on "Today" moments ago and stood up for the 73-year-old --saying, “I think the media has been really unfair to [Musburger]."

She added, "If he would’ve said something along the line that we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would’ve been a little bit different, but the fact that he said that we were beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that."

ESPN later issued an apology for Brent's comments -- but Webb says, "I don’t think it was needed, honestly. Of course, I appreciate it, but at the same time, I don’t think that I needed an apology.’’

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

batterup

Yes, she is beautiful. But the anorexia and fake boobs..not so much

Dave

Nothing wrong with his comments at all. They were not excessive; this nation has become so uptight and ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed for buckling to a bunch of extremists. Way to go Brent.

Lauren

She absolutely beautiful. If I looked like that then I would not mind everyone paying me a compliment.

maria

Enough already...She needs to Shut Up, and move on with her college boyfriend. They both sound like they need to grow up.

msg

Thank god, a lovely woman with common sense! She is pretty and that is all he said. The comments were not even close to being over the line - this is the dumbest made-up controversy ever. Now, I WAS offended when Anderson Cooper got a simulated BJ on live TV on New Year's Eve w/ my kids in the room - that was offensive! Today Show, did you cover that?!

Saby

The camera men are the pervs. They kept showing her reaction to every play. Athletes always date beautiful women, even the ugly ones - why is this groundbreaking news?

tygrlili

Someone please tell her that ESPN was apologizing to it's viewers, not her, many of whom felt it inappropriate that he continue on and on about her--or even anyone else in that way for that matter. Thanks!

Springbank

This girl has it together. Its refreshing to see someone with common sense. Sounds like an all American girl.

Googie

She's right, ESPN was wrong.

The Ean

Her response makes her even prettier.

static

ESPN should be more concerned with that racist POS they employ named Rob Parker who continues to make derogatory comments about RG3 not a guy whose comments couldn't have been taken any other way than complimentary.

SDnRnRoll

Musburger just having a little fun and all the adult Honey Boo Boo's get jealous.

kevin Small

First of all why are even paying attention to this issue? Lady in the audience is seen and a comment was made drop it. ESPN and the Today Show are making more of it than it needs to be. Social media is making issues way more than they need to be. By continuing to bring the subject up you make it worse. Just drop it! By the way take Museberger off the air.!

Smoothjc1

That people is a true class act.

buzz kill

Now thats refreshing, a young woman who gets it. At least she is not a sexist, man hating lesbo.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments