« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Katherine Webb

ESPN Should NOT Have

Apologized for Ogling

1/9/2013 8:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Webb -- the GF of Alabama star QB A.J. McCarron -- says ESPN had no reason to issue an apology for Brent Musburger's televised swooning during the BCS Championship game ... because the comments were nothing but flattering.

Webb appeared on "Today" moments ago and stood up for the 73-year-old --saying, “I think the media has been really unfair to [Musburger]."

She added, "If he would’ve said something along the line that we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would’ve been a little bit different, but the fact that he said that we were beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that."

ESPN later issued an apology for Brent's comments -- but Webb says, "I don’t think it was needed, honestly. Of course, I appreciate it, but at the same time, I don’t think that I needed an apology.’’

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wingfreak

we live in a counrty that is waaaayyyyyyy to p.c.
Im sure that was why they issued an apology....because there are always a bunch of americans offended by even the slightest thing. Sad really.

c

The apology was probably just so all the ugly girls he didn't call beautiful don't get mad.

Santasunsetwoodica

She a badass mamma jamma from alabamma! đź‘„

Girl

At the very least, the sportscaster was unprofessional and should not be commenting on a spectator's appearance. And of course this woman sees nothing wrong with what he did, after all now she has gotten the door opened for herself to go on national TV, gain the attention of all the tabloids and and news media and use it to make money for herself. Not vain much is she????

Flyod

We have turned into blank americans, can't do this or don't do that. You can't tell people they are wrong anymore.

JesusSaves

A horse is a horse of course of course.

Spicy mag

She is a hot piece of ass that I would **** til a baby popped out. PC losers to jump off a cliff.

judi

At least shes pretty to look the game wasn't it was boring !

Lynn

People are so over reactive about everything today! I don't think Musbuger said anything sexist or insulting about Katherine and agree there is no need to apologize. I'm sure she is used to hearing people say she's gorgeous. Because she is!

PatinNJ

Matt Lauer is such a condescending dirtbag, he is too hard to watch, even knowing that she's coming up next.

SensibleSense

Are her teeth real?

tgrfan42069

funny thing is.the girl he was talking about has no problem with what he said.its the media and what not who are making a mountain out of a mole hill just to have a story.

SuSu

AJ is a lucky boy...plays the best game of his career and gets to have the beautiful Auburn grad and beauty pagent winner on his arm! Smart and beautiful!

Mel

Only a moron doesn't charge their phone before entering a big game with the starting QB their boyfriend so they can take pictures!! LOSER!

Peter Popoff

I'd give her a days worth of Skeet

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments