Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

TJ

Hopefully, Khloe the cow,will quit,too!

USArmy

Must be nice to be able to thumb your nose at 15 million. Wish she would throw some of those crumbs my way.

Bob

Walking away from that job after just a year seems a bit premature to me, but I imagine her manager is concerned she'll be known as a TV host, not a singer. I would imagine that at her height in popularity she was earning quite a bit more than 15 million per year touring. However, is she capable of going on tour? She's no longer that 17 year-old girl, who was unburdened by mental illness and parental obligations.

AFTRA

That show is a MESS especially with those terrible two hosts!

notalawyer

This is fabricated she did not quit she was FIRED

MeanTerminator

She must have felt real uncomfortable being paid $15m for opining "It was good."!

Bill

Britney was fired! ha ha!

Anonymous

I love Britney Spears & also enjoy X-Factor a lot. Be glad when they come back on. I thought she was a good judge.

MeanTerminator

oBAMa

Oh please. She is so transparent. She knew she would be getting the axe so she "quit" before they could fire her. And as for her "music"...we don't need any more garbage on the radio, we have enough as it is.

MeanTerminator

although she was nice to look at, I'd rather it be her than demi who fit her part like a glove.

wwomp526

Nina

AMAZING

Jae

I think that conversation went more like this: "You can't fire me ya'll, I quit!"

LINDA FLANAGAN

i liked Britney Spears as a judge and she was so sweet to her team. i will miss her