Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

LINDA FLANAGAN

i liked Britney Spears as a judge and she was so sweet to her team. i will miss her

carla

I'm glad she's leaving. Now, she's can go back to lip-singing.

linda doylr

thank goodness she will be gone,had to quit watching the show because she was so boring to watch

Stacy

Well, Britney saved us the trouble. Now Simon, PLEASE for God sake, get rid of Klohe K Odum..................she is totally worthless!!!

Foreverrachel

Thank God!!!! She was the worst judge EVER!!!!

PurpleRain

That's amazing!

idared

ok , so dumb ass is gone, whos next, lohan or miley...... or both..

Camwell

OH DARN! I was SERIOUSLY hoping it was Demi that was leaving the show. I got SO fed up with her mouthy, petulant behavior this season. I thought she was rude & bratty during the whole show & if I was Simon, I would fire her! Her behavior really took away from my ability to enjoy the show. Simon was incredibly gracious to her; I kept waiting for him to slam her back in the way that she deserved, but for some reason he did not & I think she owes him a great debt of gratitude. Any other "boss" would have sent her packing on the spot for such insubordination.Hopefully she will grow up before the next season. If she doesn't, I probably won't watch.She may be a "star" but she acted like a l0 year old BRAT! Wish he'd hire an adult to fill her seat.

ravindra khadgi

n the heat we think -
I wish! Someone would have!

Flowers

Brittney was able to keep old Simon on a happier note! She did an excellent job and the contestants loved her, glad she has made her way back in the public eyes.

jed

It would be ok Brit but did anyone tell you that you can not sing well-----

TJ

Who gives a rat's ass? I'm sick of these no-talent shows anyway.

Squeeks910

Last month they said the Producers had to let Spears go,,,,hmmmm. What ever I wish it was Lovato, she has a pea as a brain the poor thing.

Ricardo Ravelo

She never look interested in the show and the judge job.She was the judge that talk less and gave less advice to the contestant.Demmi was the best judge by far this season.Please bring Paula Abdul back to the show .

nmorgan777

britney is the best she has the sexiest voice and dances great and the hottest blonde. she is the sweetest person and was in drama for like two years who cares everyone goes throughhard times. love makes us all do stupid things. omg how can anyone not like her I don't get it!