Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

Nancy

More like someone in her camp figured it'd be better for her fragile ego if she quit rather than get canned.

psycho nurse

Probably an amicable split. For 15 million, they wanted a melt down queen rating boosting train wreck. However, she behaved and conducted herself in a socially acceptable manner. Good for her...not so much for the show. Not a Brittney fan personally, but glad to see her getting her life back on track. Be happy and stay well chic :)

Elle

She "resigned" to be spared the humiliation of not having her contract renewed.

nologinyo

Tour will be good. She'll sell out or at least sell most tickets. If she can stand almost all terrible criticism of her stage presence and songs, and, well, everything, she should do and she can make a lot of money. If she promises to do Hit Me Baby One More time, or her first concert stop audience tells the world she did the song, tickets will go up in purchase numbers 25%.

M

Okay, Bye! Don't let the door hit you in the a$s on the way out. Or better yet.. do.

Thetrixster

Cracks me up. I love Britney to death, but honestly who thinks she could be a judge or a mentor for anything? She barely managing her own life.

Kelly

More like quit or be fired from what I've read. Simon can fill that chair a hella lot cheaper than what Britney was making.

KanyeWest

She's got the cash

Yup

She wants to focus on "her music"? That's laughable... she can't sing to save her drugged up mentally ill life. If not for autotune, she'd have no braindead fans to fake singing in front of...

Elle

I'll take her spot for $15 mil.

LadyN

I don't think it was ALL her doing. I think she built up the fact that she is doing a new album this year to cover for the fact that she was not asked back and both sides agreed that she should walk away. It wasn't her forte and I am sure they would never have paid her $15M for the ratings to slide again. Now the question is, what clowns are they going to replace her and LA Reid with (and Demi I hope) this time?

BB not bb

I would like to see Britney turn away from the sleaze and overt sexiness in her music and turn back to the sweet southern pop star style. We need something refreshing in music, not just the same old contrived appeal to decadence.

All the dirty dancing and crazy costumes are maybe what led her down the road to Kevin Federline and that whole self destructive relationship. I think she should get back to her religious roots and try to do something positive.

jobasslazyless

I don't understand why people give a ****e

Miley is a whore

I hope the fire that no-talent psycho Demi Lovato next

EasilyHard

Go to bed..How can these stars with nannies and help look so friggen tired?