Britney to 'X Factor'

I Quit, Y'all!!!

1/10/2013 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-britney-spears-tmz
Britney Spears
will NOT be a judge on "X Factor" next season -- and it's entirely her doing ... TMZ has learned.

We have unimpeachable sources who tell us Britney loves the show but wants to focus on her music ... which she is doing right now.  Britney is in the studio recording her 8th album, with some help from Will.i.am and producer Hit-Boy, the brains behind Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris."

One of our sources tells us ... "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music."

We're told after she completes the album, Britney is seriously considering going on tour again.

Walking away from $15 mil ...Yeah, she's that rich.

010912_britney_spears_x_factor_footer

Ashley

I AM SOOOO GLAD SHE IS GONE.....I wish I could get paid 15 Mill to tell someone they are amazzzing and I am proud of you 20 million times! GOD! She was sooooo terrible on this show...I was SOO embarrassed for her! ALSOOOOOOOO if you make that much money, you would think that she would get her nails done, atleast for air time...her nails were all chewed up and dirty...I gagged everytime! GOODBYE Britney, your career is done and has been for a while, YOU CANT EVEN SING!!! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sassyone

I never could figure out why they would choose someone who is so talentless. Yes she sells her music thanks to alot of luck and auto tune. She NEVER sings only lip syncs so how can she judge real talent? Geez! Lol!

_Taterman

This was the first season I watched The X Factor and man that show is crap! I was curious to see how Britney would do. Thank gosh she's off as a judge! She gave crappy advise and voted off her best talent first. She needs to stick to what she does best and that is lip syncing songs that she pays others to write for her! Yeah yeah ... I know she "co-writes" some of her songs as well (whatever that means). Probably something like changing "is" to "was" because I do not believe she is smart enough to come up with her own complete thought! Kudos for giving judging a try Britt Britt, but please stick to your talent of lip syncing!

sushae

Might be interesting to see/hear if Britney can come out with something other than poptart/dance synthesized music. I agree that the will.i.am song previewed on X Factor was not that good and she seemed stiff. I wish her well and hope her people continue to keep her in good health.

dd man

WHO CARES

troy

QUEEN!!!

TPF

Brittany can't sing and has to get almost naked with crude dancing to get any attention. Skank tramp!

Rolm

The real story this crazy skank was not offered a new contract. She had nothing to quit from. I never watch the show and never will.

heyitsadam

She wants to go from judging crappy music to actually making it herself.

Ih8Taxes

White trash...'nuff said.

Chris

Thanks be to the Gods! I'm sure there are worse choices (like Lovato) to judge someones talent but none come to mind. I always liked Xfactor best until I was subjected to the idiotic comments and looks of judges with less talent than those being judged. Her 1 and only constipated expression will NOT be missed.

HeeHee

She wants to focus on her washed up career.

kb0oya

Yeah!! And in industry when the board warns one of it's own he's aboiut to be fired publically...he issues a statement saying he's sorry, he loves everyone there an the job was a wonderful experience but " other career opportunities" have come along and he's going to move on. It's calling saving face.

IceGypsy

Not surprised at all. Most people that go into the arts do so because they get bored easy and don't like doing the same thing too long. I'm sure she had fun, got a fat paycheck and prob had some good times.

xfactorrocks

will Miss you brit you were AWESOME on the xfactor and I love the show dont,listen to these naysayers