Charlie Sheen

Cuts $12k Check

for Paparazzo's Funeral

1/10/2013 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-charlie-sheen-chris-guerra-tmz
Charlie Sheen is covering a huge chunk of the funeral costs for the paparazzo who died while covering Justin Bieber ... cutting a $12,000 check to the photog's family ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... 29-year-old Chris Guerra died after being struck by a car in Los Angeles on New Year's Day while taking pictures of Bieber's car.  We're told Guerra will be laid to rest in a private service set for tomorrow

Turns out, Charlie is tight with a former photog who was friends with Guerra ... and got word that the family was trying to raise money to cover the costs. So Charlie, being Charlie, sprung into action and grabbed his checkbook.

0109_charlie_sheen_check_wm2
We contacted Sheen about the situation, and the actor gave us the following statement: "A tragic incident like this erases the line between the photographer and the subject. It's an unforgiving moment that begs us all to be human and work as one to prevent this in the future."

He continues, "As parents, we are all not supposed to bury our children. My deepest condolences to the families involved."

smurfya

Charlie's got a good heart! Atleast the parts that haven't been damaged by years of alchohol, coke and crack use.

Ravenx

Say what you will about Charlie , but he's a stand up guy for doing this.

dbertram

Charlie that was an awesome thing you did. Now if you wouldn't mind I need about 6K so I can buy a used car...thanks

Babbakins

Well done Charlie!...i always new you were a good guy

Jessica

How do i ask him for money to get a boob job?

Al

Nice gesture Charlie. Why do people not buy insurance to cover burial cost? It's cheaper than the cigarettes and beer they smoke and drink per month.Then when it happens they come begging for people to bail them out. They should be buried where they throw their beer cans and other garbage!

TonyMan

If i was taking pictures that had anything to do with justin beiber i would want someone to hit me with their car and quick.

Rich

I know he can be a jerk and big pain in the ass, but the guy truly has a heart. Good deed Charlie!!!!

Big Mamma Cornbread

WINNING!!!!!!!

Leigh

Hey Charlie Sheen I could use 12k!

geneo

charlies a great guy he has a heart of gold. bless you .your #1 .

Northerner

its really awesome that CS is cutting a check for the funeral, he is really turning into a very good philanthropist and im proud of him for it!

as for the photog, screw him. put him in a pine box and bury him in the parents back yard!

phil

If Beiber had a heart, he wouldve drawn a check, but I guess hes too busy blowing his fortune on pot . Well done Charlie, a true gentleman, a kind soul, full of compassion...regardless.

Vicsecret

Bravo to you...as a mother who lost a son (22 yr - Oxy) I agree no parent should have to bury thier child! I had a secret someone step up and pay...and it still brings tears to my eyes

Stacey

Hey Charlie, instead of giving 100 grand to Lindsay Lohan, I have about as much in student loans, help me out:)