Charlie Sheen

Cuts $12k Check

for Paparazzo's Funeral

1/10/2013 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0109-charlie-sheen-chris-guerra-tmz
Charlie Sheen is covering a huge chunk of the funeral costs for the paparazzo who died while covering Justin Bieber ... cutting a $12,000 check to the photog's family ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... 29-year-old Chris Guerra died after being struck by a car in Los Angeles on New Year's Day while taking pictures of Bieber's car.  We're told Guerra will be laid to rest in a private service set for tomorrow

Turns out, Charlie is tight with a former photog who was friends with Guerra ... and got word that the family was trying to raise money to cover the costs. So Charlie, being Charlie, sprung into action and grabbed his checkbook.

0109_charlie_sheen_check_wm2
We contacted Sheen about the situation, and the actor gave us the following statement: "A tragic incident like this erases the line between the photographer and the subject. It's an unforgiving moment that begs us all to be human and work as one to prevent this in the future."

He continues, "As parents, we are all not supposed to bury our children. My deepest condolences to the families involved."

Stacey

Hey Charlie, instead of giving 100 grand to Lindsay Lohan, I have about as much in student loans, help me out:)

GRANNYSHA

Charlie you make me so mad that I want to shake sense into you, But just like a good son then you go and show your true inner being, you are a wonderful person when you are showing just how caring you really are. We need more people like you in this world, please keep behaving.

Christy

He is a turd but with a really big heart. What a kind and generous thing to do....money much better spent than giving it to druggie Lohan!

55vineyard

Wow that is an expensive funeral! When my husband passed away in 2009 it cost me just under 2k for cremation and burial at sea. Friends and family lived too far away and it was what he wanted.

Atmostbeautiful@hotmail.com

I wanted to send a warm hug and Thank you to Mr Charlie Sheen for extending a helping hand to help with the funeral costs to help my family lay my brother to rest in a dignified manner he deserved. Chris will be missed. Rip Chris

Bob Contreras

Charlie is All Class !!!!!!

Dredned

Tiger Blood!

Dredned

Tiger Blood!

Regina

I'm very proud of Charlie. You can say what you want about him but he does try to give back. Always liked him. My question is this, Why isn't Justin Bieber fronting the money for the paps funeral, after all it was him that he was chasing?? From the pictures here on TMZ, I guess the pap was right when he said he saw Justin smoking weed in his car. Too bad he had to die for his pictures. At least he was vindicated in the end.

Bagheera

Say what you want about some of Charlie's behavior, he has shown he is one of the most sympathetic celebrities out there. Where other celebrities fail to pay taxes and blow all their funds on drugs and liquor, Charlie blows a lot of funds on just being a nice guy (and some more on drugs and liquor).

Bambi

When it is all said and done, Charlie Sheen will be remembered as the guy with a golden heart. Love him.

wagorgeguy

That is Awesome. Funny Justin Dildo didnt offer to help.

anonymous

You can say what you want about Charlie, but he puts his money where his mouth is bottom line.

Georgiagirl

Why do some of you feel JB should cover the costs? Did he in anyway ask the guy or pay the guy to follow him around taking pics???? How is this JBs fault. This guy choose to follow JB around in hopes of getting dirt and JB should feel responsible??? Why???

vix

In such a hard time for the family, I'm sure this gesture was highly appreciated. Nice work