Britney Spears & Jason Trawick

SPLITSVILLE

1/11/2013 6:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_jason_trawick_split_breakup_article_2
update_bar
4:17PM PST:
Jason Trawick has just been removed as Britney's co-conservator ... TMZ has learned.  Jamie Spears is once again her sole conservator.

0314_divider_graphic
Britney Spears
and Jason Trawick have broken up ... TMZ has learned.

The couple got engaged back in 2011. Trawick started out as Britney's agent, the duo started dating and he eventually became her co-conservator along with her dad, Jamie Spears.

Multiple sources connected to the couple tell TMZ ... Jason didn't want to make the announcement until he was taken off the conservatorship.  Interestingly, lawyers for the conservatorship are in court right now, along with Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, so it's possible Jason will be removed today.

Sources say it was a "friendly breakup" and Britney and Jason will remain friends.  As for why they split, we're told they just "grew apart."

The timing's pretty interesting considering Brit recently changed agencies, heading to CAA ... an indication Trawick was no longer involved in managing her career.

Britney told People.com ...  "Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement. I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."

Trawick also issued a statement saying, "As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
 0111_britney_jason_split_footer

TNT

Smart man. She's going to have another breakdown eventually. She use to be attractive but now she looks so old. Her fame is gone. No one watched that awful X-Factor she was on. Cowell was hoping he would get a trainwreck Spears and instead he just got a boring one.

DeeMaree

I think he gave Britney a lot of stabilty. Hope she can stay well for those boys.

spectator72

I'm back in line I still have a chance

Elle

Jason Trawick seemed like a nice enough man who probably had some genuine care and concern for Britney. That said, I never believed he was in love with this very disturbed young woman or she with him. He was a paid minder, hired by her father, who became her "finance" to try to give the public and Britney herself the mask of normalcy. Ultimately the charade didn't hold up for Britney and the money wasn't enough for Trawick to continue what must have been a very uncomfortable pretense.

Mike

I wouldn't be surprised if Britney simply met a new guy and wanted to see what happens with him.

Jason might have just gotten dumped for someone else. It happens to everyone so he shouldn't feel too bad. He just needs to find himself a new girl and "turn the page" ... "start a new chapter", etc.

pancake

I guess he realized he wasn't the late-night run for orange fanta and cheetos kind of guy. Look for her crazy and weight gain to come out again.

anonymous

this story was on radaronline before your site. not an exclusive at all. same for vanessa bryant's story.

FMB

Jason got sweet ca$h for giving Britney stability. She is now much elevated & stronger from the DARK days at the hands of Sam Lufti & Adnan Ghalib. Plus, we'll always have Britney & Jason in the 'Criminal' video where he looks mighty ****in' HOTTT - Britney is now finally set to go after what SHE really wants & I pray that the leech s***bags stay the hell away from her and she finds someone truly great for her and her boys. It sounds like Jason will be hanging out with the boys still anyways which is great.

CJ

At least is they didn't rush into marriage. A year and 1/2 of being in a relationship and calling it quits is normal, even after an engagement. No epic divorce proceedings.

Suzanne Smith

I think Brit needs to go out with Justin Bieber! He loves kids....music.....it'd be fun!

mia

Brit has crazy eyes. Now he is free and has a chance to live a normal life. Mr Spears is the tragic figure. He will never be a free man.

Bobo Frog

You know why Britney needs a conservator? Because she's out of her F'ng mind.

Quiet

this rumor was out last week that they would split. the same time the runor ame out she would get fired from xfactor.. simon saved her the embarrassment and let her quit instead. now i wonder if the runor from two weeks ago of her eldest sons father being kfeds brother is true or not. maybe whn he tuns 18 in about 11 years he can be his mothers conservator if her father gets too elderly to handle it later.

Diamond Goddess!

*eyeroll*
His contract was up!!!
I REALLY feel for Brit.
I think her family keeps her drugged up and under their thumb to keep her earning $$$ for them.
(Don't they friggin' have ENOUGH?!)
I also think she is tiring of this and is probably trying to throw her weight around now, and I hope it ends well for her.
Jamie Lynn got off easier--getting knocked up by the producer and running away to Louisiana--only because she was a MUCH lower earner than Brit.
I pray Brit has the strength to break free, but I'm not holding my breath!!!

Who is the parent

There are a lot of mean comments on those site about her mental health. I pray this country realizes and comes to terms with tolerance re mental health same way we do with diseases, handicaps, disabilities and other ailments one may have. This woman has come a long way from where she was and I respect her for trying and making the best out of it all.