Britney Spears

In Talks To

Headline in Vegas!

1/11/2013 11:49 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0111_britney_spears_article
Britney Spears is in "serious talks" to move to Las Vegas and headline a "Celine" type show -- TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell us ... Britney and her people are talking about establishing residency for the singer in Sin City and are also in talks with one of the hotels to do a "big, nightly show."

We're told the negotiations are with one of the CAESARS group properties, and they have "been wooing her for awhile."

As we first reported ... Britney has cleared the decks by quitting "X Factor" and is in the studio recording her 8th album.

Our sources say there is "a lot of interest" in Britney's camp over a Vegas move, and -- obviously -- a lot of interest on the Vegas side of headlining a show.

Celine Dion scored nearly $100 mil a year for her gig.  Our sources think Britney could do even better.

0111_las_vegas_acts_footer

MrsB

Good luck girl...

TheVolleyballGod

When will the world stop paying to see this lip synching phony who hides behind dancers so that the herd does not walks out

amazinglybored

I'd go for Vegas, but I don't know if she could handle the rigors of a show like that. I always end up feeling sorry for her.

pat

She isn't a Celine. Not a fan of either but at least Dion sings for real and I'm talking about singing not talking or mumbling or repeating two words over and over.

I will not pay big bucks for 2 hours of lip-synching.

She should retire and enjoy the rest of her diluted world and her kids.

Uncle Rufus

Vegas...where old singers, Celine, Elton, Rod, Shania, now BRITNEY, go TO DIE!

Danielle123

Nightly shows? I really am going to need for her camp to back off of her. This woman clearly does not want to work anymore yet her "people" continue to sign her up for stuff. She is miserable and everyone can see it.

Sean

Does anyone expect this to end well? Anyone? Let the poor girl stay at home and watch cartoons.

Violette-Blue

Though I do enjoy some Britney songs, I do not believe she is actually singing. I believe her voice is duped so much with technology and that is why she lip syncs all the time. If she goes to Vegas she will need to prove to her fans that she actually can sing. Those people aren't going to want to pay top dollar for lip syncing. I know I wouldn't, but I also know she's more of a dancer/entertainer than a real actual singer. Good luck Britney.

Jackie

Can she even handle this ? She's CLEARLY not
"all there" still. I've seen clips of her on stage from her past tour...she's not what she used to be. Her dancing is much slower/not as sharp and she just doesn't have the energy and spark she used to have......also she lipsyncs EVERYTHING. I'm sorry but if you're going to lip sync you better be dancing your butt off and other awesome stuff to make a good performance.

jimi

waiting for metallica to headline vegas

spectator72

Everything under the same tent

DaveT

Fiiiiiiiiirst!!!!

DaveT

♫♫ she talks to Vega-as...it calls her out by her na-ame...oh yeah she talks to Vegaaaaaa-as...says it calls her out by her name ♫♪

Hohan

If I was comped the tix and the booze was free, I'd still pass

rico

Will this be an all LIP SYNc show?